New Owner... used car. What are these underhood connectors for?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, New Owner... used car. What are these underhood connectors for? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can anyone tell me what usually plugs into these two connectors? They split out from a larger harness directly inboard ...
    DTS-Bremerton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

New Owner... used car. What are these underhood connectors for?

Can anyone tell me what usually plugs into these two connectors? They split out from a larger harness directly inboard of the passenger front strut tower and near the coolant reservoir. The connectors are cut and wrapped in tape. I suspect they were used for something other than intended... but haven't the first clue what they were meant to be for.

Anyone?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

Re: New Owner... used car. What are these underhood connectors for?

those are the heated washer fluid connections cadillac disconnected them do to a recall you can reconnect them if you want the feature back its a nice thing to have for having ice on windshield and also bugs during the summer months its not hard to fix do some research the company that you can get the heated unit from is alpha therm google it watch the video you will like what you see btw the control on the feature is located on the wiper stalk alot of us reinstalled the unit and is very happy with the choice we made i know i was btw it was gm unit that was a problem not the alpha therm model it is gm 37 i beleive

----------

those are the heated washer fluid connections cadillac disconnected them do to a recall you can reconnect them if you want the feature back its a nice thing to have for having ice on windshield and also bugs during the summer months its not hard to fix do some research the company that you can get the heated unit from is alpha therm google it watch the video you will like what you see btw the control on the feature is located on the wiper stalk alot of us reinstalled the unit and is very happy with the choice we made i know i was btw it was gm unit that was a problem not the alpha therm model the model you want is at-37gm there is a few treads on it here about it hope that solves your mystery enjoy the ride

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I put the Alpha Therm unit in my car...
    Perfect fit and works great...

Kent7100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The Alpha Therm unit is great, if your car is set up for it, highly recommend that you put it in!

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

I love my AlphaTherm, haven't had it in freezing weather yet but it sure seems to help cleaning off bugs in the warm.

DTS-Bremerton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Thanks for the quick answers. I guess the dealership that did the removal was just a little shoddy on the way they terminated the wires. I was really worried that it was something worse. I'm not sure if I will add the AlphaTherm or not. I definitely appreciate the information!

billbill1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville, 2006 DTS

The AlphaTherm is a great replacement. Talk to Supplier to get correct mounting bracket, vehicle, specific.
    Easy install, just " PURGE" with washer fluid, before powering up HEATER.
    Clears light frost and ice, and great for bugs .
    And remember plus of being able to say , " LOOK WHAT I HAVE".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.