New member needs advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, New member needs advice in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello my name is Shun I live in Atlanta,Ga I am a few months away from being able to purchase ...
    shunking is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet

New member needs advice

Hello my name is Shun I live in Atlanta,Ga I am a few months away from being able to purchase my dream car and wanted a little advice before i made the jump.
    The vehicle will be an 08 or 09 DTS.I have did research on them but nothings better than from other owners mouth.So my question is what is the price of upkeep? Which is more reliable the 08 or 09? Also any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ,shun

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Re: New member needs advice

Welcome, Shun.

As far as reliability, I don't know that 08 or 09 are any more reliable than other years. Others can chime in more. In my research before buying my DTS, I've found that they seem to be pretty reliable...but regular maintenance is crucial to any car...not just the DTS. I have not had mine long enough to say that maintenance is any more expensive than that of other cars. I bought a lifetime oil change package from the dealership where I bought mine, plus extended warranties, paint protection and free scratch repair packages, etc. It cost, definitely...but I wanted to have as much coverage as possible. None of those warranties/packages are crucial to DTS ownership and most people probably wouldn't even bother buying them. That comes to personal choice. I can report that I've not had any issues and I've not had any large maintenance costs, so far.

Good luck in your search and let us know how it all turns out.

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Normally I make very disparaging remarks about extended warranties, but when I purchased my '08 DTS I opted for the best warranty they offered. Based on a friends experience with his CTS this seemed like a wise choice. I do not think the regular maintenance is extremely more than a 'regular' car, but repairs can be more costly by a large factor. A simple computer replacement can be multiple thousands, replacing a headlight bulb at the dealer will run you the better part of a grand, even having the dealer change the thermostat will be over a grand.
    This was *the* car I wanted, and I worked hard to be able to get it. Buying this car definitely stressed my budget and I decided that having a good warranty to protect me from big lump repair costs was the best idea.

bigsahad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    When I brought my 2006 dts performance I was against a extended until I met a gentleman whom had a 2007. He ask me did I have a warranty I " replied no" he advise me beautiful cars costly repairs. I researched and eventually brought the gmpp warranty. Boy am I happy simple trip and had to add powerstreering fluid. BOOM took to dealer power steering pump, waterpump, and wheel hubs. Now I'm not sure I needed all this but guess what with parts and labor over 2000.00.I paid 100 dollars warranty has paid for it self ... Warranty was $1700.00 5 years 60,000 miles.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by shunking View Post
    Hello my name is Shun I live in Atlanta,Ga I am a few months away from being able to purchase my dream car and wanted a little advice before i made the jump.
    The vehicle will be an 08 or 09 DTS.I have did research on them but nothings better than from other owners mouth.So my question is what is the price of upkeep? Which is more reliable the 08 or 09? Also any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ,shun
    Hello Shun,

Welcome to the forum! You will find some great advice and knowledge from the community here. If you had any questions about a specific vehicle, such as the warranty information or if you would like any information regarding the vehicle’s RPO codes. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsahad View Post
    When I brought my 2006 dts performance I was against a extended until I met a gentleman whom had a 2007. He ask me did I have a warranty I " replied no" he advise me beautiful cars costly repairs. I researched and eventually brought the gmpp warranty. Boy am I happy simple trip and had to add powerstreering fluid. BOOM took to dealer power steering pump, waterpump, and wheel hubs. Now I'm not sure I needed all this but guess what with parts and labor over 2000.00.I paid 100 dollars warranty has paid for it self ... Warranty was $1700.00 5 years 60,000 miles.
    Hello bigsahad,

I apologize that you needed to have those issues addressed in your DTS, but I am very glad to hear that you ended up purchasing the GMPP and it has already paid for itself. Thank you very much for posting your experience and advice for shunking!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.