Late model FTS (?) spotted
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kent7100
  • 2 Post By TopherS
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Late model FTS (?) spotted in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; While parking in front of Rite Aid yesterday I'm looking towards the road and spot 2 elderly ladies drive past ...
    2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

Late model FTS (?) spotted

While parking in front of Rite Aid yesterday I'm looking towards the road and spot 2 elderly ladies drive past me in highly waxed, all black later body style DTS type Caddy. It was sophisticated looking, no doubt.
    On the lower rt. corner of the deck lid I read the emblem FTS.
    I've never seen one, what is it?
    Undertaker, funeral edition???
    Fleetwood??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillacman916 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07dts perf. 04 dts,06 dts limo,11 dts, 13 escalade, 13 xts

Re: Late model FTS (?) spotted

U sure it didnt say xts? Never heard of an fts.... I WISH they would bring the fleetwood back

Black Dawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS, 1996 Fleetwood

me too!

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

It was definitely labeled as an FTS. I looked at the emblem twice to be sure because it caught me by such surprise.
    Maybe it's a local / regional package thru select dealerships.

Remembering when Buick dealers used to do US Olympic editions and their Presidential editions. Cadillac did a run of special 2 tone colors in the very late 80's on some of their New England gaff packages I recall.
    Ford too, the white sale editions in the mid 60's, Twister edition Mavericks and Mustang for the Kansas market plus Chevrolet with the Spirit of Americas in 1976.

Anyhow, that "FTS" in black was eyewash riding thru town. Cadillac may have found a new "dress-up" marketing tool to move dead product. (And make more gro$$ profit.)

Kent7100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I feel like we have a fleetwood in our lux III, is has all the bells and whistles just like the fleetwood did in its' day.
    jacklogan likes this.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Meh. Feature wise, the Fleetwood lost what made it special as time went on. In it's last generation, even base Devilles/Sevilles had more features than it did. It was just larger and RWD, not much else going for it. It even looked much like a Deville, even though it was a COMPLETELY different car .

MrZoSo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

I prefer the DTS. Wish they still made it.

Black Dawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS, 1996 Fleetwood

The DTS is comparable to other car manufactures flagship vehicles. I've owned a Mercedes S-Class and the DTS is comparable. My 96 Fleetwood (last year they made it) is too big in today's world. My kids prefer the Fleetwood though because of all the room in the backseat!

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

In pondering the history of Cadillacs in the past 30+ years, I feel as though the DTS is somewhat a continuation of the deVille and Fleetwood/Brougham lines in the 70s and 80s.

Back then, the deVille was very nice in standard form...but was comparable to well-equipped "lesser cars" (Buicks and Oldsmobiles). It was the fact that it was a Cadillac made it special. The Fleetwoods and Broughams added some convenience features to make the car more luxurious. Additionally, even more options could be added to really "hard-load" the car. Many of these features were not even available on other cars. The special editions, such as the d'Elegance models add nicer interior appointments to yet again make the car even more special than it already was.

The DTS seems to be the same. In Lux I form, it has the same features as a lot of other cars...but the fact that it is a Cadillac makes it special. In moving up the "Lux-ladder", you get more features...including some that are not available on many other cars (i.e. front parking sensors, massaging/heated/ventilated seats, Intellibeam Headlamp Control). And then, more options can be added to really make the car "hard-loaded", such as Lane Departure Warning/Blind Zone Alert/Radar-Guided Cruise Control. Even more than that, a special "Platinum" edition adds the very nice interior appointments that add to the special feel of the car. The "Performance" edition is another nice edition that is very much relevant for our time...but perhaps not so much back then.

I owned a 1987 Brougham d'Elegance before my DTS. My Brougham had a lot of options in addition to the "d'Elegance package", and it made my car feel very special. My DTS Lux III gives me that same feeling. I'm sure that owners of the competitor lines' flagships probably feel the same...but I still love Cadillac...just evokes a special sentiment that I can't quite name. I, too, wish that the DTS did not get killed off.

Sorry to ramble...just my observations...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.