Poor radio reception - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Poor radio reception in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; No where in my reading do I find anything that justifies this statement; "antenna grid patterns interfacing with the rear ...
    Eddie39 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS LUX I 44k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville

Re: Poor radio reception

No where in my reading do I find anything that justifies this statement; "antenna grid patterns interfacing with the rear defog grid." A visual inspection of the the glass shows no connection and I can't imagine what would happen to the radio when you turn on the defroster if this was true.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcdonald View Post
    Hello everybody, I have been experiencing poor radio reception lately, and was wondering if anybody here may be able to help. Some of the weaker FM stations around here seem to fade out a lot, and some days they are just completely static. I have checked the antenna in the rear glass, and the grid appears to be intact, no nicks or missing spots. Also the antenna lead connection to the rear glass is tight, so that is most likely not the issue. I was wondering if there is a powered signal booster somewhere along the antenna lead that may have failed and need replacing? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? These stations had no issues a few months ago, so I am assuming something changed with the car. Thanks for your help.
    Hello cmcdonald,

I see many forum engagements on this thread with other members providing insight to your situation. I see in a later post, you were able to find the issue and resolve it. I am glad you were able to do this and everything seems to be working properly now! Continue to enjoy your Cadillac. If you ever have any additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Stepside is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by cmcdonald View Post
    Hi everybody, thanks for your responses! So I figured out the problem this afternoon. I decided to pull the radio to check all of the connections. What I found was simply amazing. Someone had spliced a new end on the antenna feed where it plugs into the radio, but they did it by twisting the wires together, and wrapping with electrical tape! So I redid everything using crimp type wire connectors, and the problem is completely solved. Would have been better to solder everything, but I don't have a soldering iron handy, and the crimp connectors seemed to do the trick. For the life of me, I will never understand how people think twisting wires together, and wrapping them with tape makes a proper electrical connection!! Oh well, at least the problem is solved, and it was a free fix. Thanks everybody for all of your help!
    Dammm, There are "Man Rules" here.
    When something breaks and/or needs fixing and you are a DIY guy. Then, you Now have a 'legitimate excuse' to buy a New tool/toy.

You Sir, must not be married. But, preparation of these rules are necessary to protect the rest of us.
    Now, go buy an electrical and/or butane soldering tool and be sure to buy some shrink tubing in various sizes.
    Superjim likes this.

armonica is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville DTS

I'm having a signal problem as well. 2007 DTS, with XM, Nav, and adaptive cruise. NY State car that ended up in Florida briefly, now lives in Maryland. I think in Florida they applied dark tint. In Maryland it was a no go so I had it removed. Reception has always sucked outside of Pompano Beach where I bought it. Compared to my 2001 DHS (Totalled recently), it's clear there's something wrong. I noticed the little interface on the drivers side rear window, top was hanging down. Is there any way to fix this short of replacing the rear window? There's also a problem with the XM radio. Says to check the XM receiver. I did, it's there. Looks like it is hooked up right.

Maybe related - Service parking assist. That module looks fine too. Bought an Ebay replacement - same problem One red light and the service message.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.