front wheel noise - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, front wheel noise in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by crazcaddyguy Hey jazoo, I bought the car with about 114,xxx miles! I didn't have it inspected, but ...
    Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: front wheel noise

Quote Originally Posted by crazcaddyguy View Post
    Hey jazoo, I bought the car with about 114,xxx miles! I didn't have it inspected, but I did go through it my self.... I like to think im pretty good at working on cars! Suspension looked good, no rust, leaking, or sagging from suspension parts. Brakes seemed fine when I did initial test drive... with that said I have not looked to see life of pads! Tires are pretty brand new they put those on at about 108 k miles, seen on the carfax report. I don't see any lack of rotation issues with the tires, even wear is what I see. I will rotate soon though, we've been hit hard with rain here in Colorado. It seems to me that's the noise is the wheel hub assembly from reading other posts. Once this weather clears up I'll take a look at pads plus wheel hubs....right now I think the car needs a new battery if I leave it a whole day it will drain itself?? It looks like its original ac/delco battery.
    I have all the AC Delco part numbers for the CORRECT pads and the part numbers for the hubs.
    If you need 'em... just say so and I will go find my receipts...

crazcaddyguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance
    Jim, that would be nice! Thanks.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: front wheel noise

Quote Originally Posted by crazcaddyguy View Post
    Jim, that would be nice! Thanks.
    Front brake pads... (AC Delco) ... 171-0985
    Rear brake pads... (AC Delco) ... 171-0954
    Front hubs ... 513179
    The front hubs are Timken... they have been making bearing since about the time the first wheel was invented..

I got it all on Amazon... it was as cheap as anywhere else and cheaper than most, plus you get free 2nd day shipping with a Prime account.

crazcaddyguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance
    Thanks jim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.