Do HP hate Cadillacs? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Do HP hate Cadillacs? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; my 2 cents: I think getting pulled over has alot to do with a few factors. 1) An individuals driving ...
    69ssc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: Do HP hate Cadillacs?

my 2 cents: I think getting pulled over has alot to do with a few factors. 1) An individuals driving style. 2) The color of your car. 3) The LEO's personal opinions, attitude and general view of life. Don't bash me for this but in all honesty it matters what you look like (skin color, hair, dress, ect...). I've noticed that every time i get pulled over by a police officer that looks similar to me I almost always get let off with a warning. We can ignore the purple elephant in the room but we all see it.

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

I agree that our DTSs do like to be driven above the speed limit. They are so smooth it is easy to notice you are probably going faster than you should.

I don't think the DTSs are profiled. I think for the most part they are invisable. The average new owner being over 50. Let's be honest, over 60. I think that if you are in your 20s and driving a new Cadillac and breaking the law you will get pulled over. I was stopped many years ago in my 80 Eldorado when I was young and got stopped for running a yellow light. The Officer told me flat out that he was suprized I owned the car and that he thought it could be stolen from one of the nearby valet lots. He apologized and told me to be more careful at yellow lights.

I push my DTS pretty fast at times. I now have sufficient gray hair I guess to be ignored. LOL But I also have unique license plates with 9-11 as my tag, so I am sure I get dismissed as a L.E.O. or Fire Chief.

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

You know, that may be the difference. When I bought this car I took the VFD (Volunteer Fire Department) plates off the other one. Maybe having the Maltese Cross on my plates did save me in the past. I know it's not supposed to but it could be the tie breaker in a maybe situation.
    HartfordGuy likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.