2006 DTS an STS killer?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 DTS an STS killer? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

2006 DTS an STS killer?

Ok well maybe not...

However when I went to Cadillac's site I was excited to see some of the upcoming features, many of which Cadillac still only offers on the more expensive STS.

From the Cadillac Site:
    Commanding Technologies – Performance and comfort are at your fingertips with Adaptive Remote Start and optional technologies such as Ultrasonic Front and Rear Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control**, touch screen DVD navigation, IntelliBeam and heated windshield washer system, a DTS exclusive.

I know it comes with Heated and Cooled seats also, and if it has Xenon lights then I would see no real reason to spend the extra on an STS EXCEPT for the very desirable RWD factor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Re: 2006 DTS an STS killer?

I think the look of the car has something to do with it also. The Deville is still the Cadillac for the traditional Cadillac buyer. Still has soft body lines, much less agressive than the STS. The STS has almost always been the sportier of the two, with the Deville getting more creature comforts. With that being said, I would drive either of them. Toss in the V series and I am all STS.
    ~Steve

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

quick question, and it might sound stupid but:

will there still be a DHS? i dont see why not but you never know.

I dont think there will be anything moving forward except for the DTS in keeping with the consolidation of names. Also, in all the Cadillac literature ive found, DTS is the only name used for the vehicle.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

93 has a good question. Will my stripped Hertz rental be a <DTS? The only diff between the DHS and the DTS- as far as I know- now is the night vision and the 25hp bump. ??

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

DTS will be the only name.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

The new DTS is an amazing looking car! Especially in black!

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by skides1
    93 has a good question. Will my stripped Hertz rental be a <DTS? The only diff between the DHS and the DTS- as far as I know- now is the night vision and the 25hp bump. ??
    The night vision is available on both DHS and DTS as option. The difference is that the DTS has the fog lamps, while the DHS hasn't them. The DHS is 6-passenger, while the DTS is 5-passenger and has a shifter on the floor. And the wood trim (doors and steering wheel) is standard on DHS, but optional on DTS. There are other differences you can find on Cadillac's website.

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

DTS is just replacing the Deville name. There will probably be a base model, luxury model and a sport model.

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDevilleRob
    DTS is just replacing the Deville name. There will probably be a base model, luxury model and a sport model.
    Exactly...This is what I have been led to believe... DTS is the only name that will remain, and it will feature option "packages" much like the STS, which is a many splendored animal depending on how you slice it. Note that the Seville and "SLS" monikers were dropped there as well.

Haleykeek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Seville STS North*

that new DTS,looks more like an XLR in the nose.i guess that's what's so striking about the car.i'm no fan of the "chrysler-rear end".and i also thought it was a bad idea to drop the horsepower to 290bhp.heck,my 94 Seville STS makes around 295bhp,and that car is over ten years old.other than that,i'll still buy one.i'll take it over any Lincoln town-car or what-ever car, Ford could throw at it. this is a car that many americans love.Dubyah likes his cadillac DTS so until he could'nt wait like the rest of us for the 06.the worlds most powerful man,again chooses Cadillac as his car to ride in.now that's saying something.

adam_mcd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i always thought the seville was the poor mans caddy with the eldo being a coupe version of a seville

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

They haven't been the poor man's Caddy, they've usually been comparable in price if not more expensive than a Deville. The Cimmaron and Catera have been poor mans Caddys, to some extent the Calais (sparsely featured deville made until 76) and CTS as well.

wick05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The STS has always carried a higher price tag than the Deville. They did not put the Adpative remote start on the DTS, I mean come on. Look at who buys theses things. People like my dad. Who stares at the DVD remote likes it going to tell him what the do. LOL..

I think they should leave the DTS front wheel drive also. ITs there #1 selling car and has been for a while. They should just transverse the 5speed and leave it alone. If people want speed they can buy the STS. I am actually in a Deville rental car right now. I miss my STS more than anything. I get more strange looks now.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by adam_mcd
    i always thought the seville was the poor mans caddy with the eldo being a coupe version of a seville
    LaSalle was the poor man's Caddy. The Eldo has typically been viewed as the top of the line Caddy, just look at '59.

Brian

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.