New member, 2006 dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, New member, 2006 dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; New to the forum but not new to Cadillac's. Just picked up 06' DTS with only 45k on it. Uploaded ...
    69ssc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

New member, 2006 dts

New to the forum but not new to Cadillac's. Just picked up 06' DTS with only 45k on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spent half the day going over the car and the only things I noted was a valve cover leak (near the fire wall) and one of the trailing arms was slightly bent. Looked like the car got towed at some point and the tow truck driver operator used the trailing arm as a pulling point. I swapped out the old stock, flimsy looking trailing arms for a set of Moog tubular trailing arms. I still need to do the alignment and valve covers but I thought I would say hello. Bellow is a pic of the new trailing arm. I must say I am very impressed by them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: New member, 2006 dts

Nice Cadillac and nice big garage...

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

First of all, congrats on becoming a Forum member. You'll love it as, based on my experience, there are wonderful and helpful members. Secondly, congrats on getting a 2006 DTS. It is a beautiful car.

I am assuming this is your friend's garage or you are collecting other cars besides the new 06 Caddy.

Thank ya'll for the complements. Nope its not a friends garage or a big garage its actually a small shop. I work at a small corvette performance shop. The only car that's mine in the pic is the DTS. I have owned (owned being the key word) several other Cadillac's a 72' el dog, 84' brougham, 98' sts ,99' sls and now a 06' dts. With the exception of the 72' i think this DTS is my favorite. I still dont understand why they dont put the LS motor in these cars like they do on the cts-v's.

cadwilliam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts 4.6
    My guess why they didn't put the LS motor in is because they knew they would stop making it soon and the car doesn't come in rear wheel drive. If the car was always made in rear wheel drive I think they would consider it. Like how they made the CTS and sts keyless ignition and the the dts while the dts cost more, because they had plans of discontinuing it is my guess.

crazcaddyguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance
    the impala SS had a front wheel drive platform with a full size 5.3 LS1! So did the Pontiac grand prix GXP I think? But those cars are not the same as our DTS.

cadwilliam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts 4.6
    I did a little research, just a little, and the motors you are talking about the 5.3 that they put in the impala is putting out 307 hp. The Cadillac dts northstar puts out 273-293 ranging over years and between the regular and the performance models. I thought the 5.3 motor was putting out more hp then that, that's why its it fwd. I would prefer the dts to be rwd. It takes serious engineering to put a lot of hp on fwd and the driver can probably only handle so much cause the car will torque pull meaning pull to one side which will cause a lost of control. Also you can lose up to 15 hp along the drive shaft in rwd(I think) so cadillac probably call themselves maximizing gas mileage but not losing the horse power...

so whats the reason they never made the DTS RWD? It looks as if you could fit a RWD set up in easy. Might have to modify the trans tunnel/ center console area a bit but I dont see anything that would stop them if they wanted to get serious about it. It still befudles me.

tjwhite721 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, 1999 Cadillac Seville

Nice DTS right there!!! Just kinda sad that only 45k and you have oil issues.

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

Looks just like my 06 except mine has the gray/tweed looking top. Is yours a lux 3 also?

I belive it is a lux II with some options. I could be wrong maybe its a lux III but i thought the lux III had the sunroof and nav?

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Sunroof and nav is an option on ALL of them....

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

Lux 3 has the rear sunshade, messaging seats, intellibeam, rainsense wipers, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.