rear bumper replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, rear bumper replacement in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm trying to save some money by replacing my beat-up rear bumper myself. I found a good replacement but I'm ...
    Caddy-Lee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

rear bumper replacement

I'm trying to save some money by replacing my beat-up rear bumper myself. I found a good replacement but I'm wondering how big of a job it is to replace it myself. You guys helped me a lot with the front bumper removal to change my headlight bulbs now I'm hoping for the same for the removal of my rear bumper on my 06 dts. Thanks in advance, fellow caddy owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: rear bumper replacement

You need a bumper cover with sensors. This cover is a molding made of thick flexible material which, among other things, absorbs small dings and dents. You can buy this plastic primed black/grey cover online and get it painted at your local paint & body shop to match your Caddy's color.

First make sure to review how this bumper cover is installed on your Caddy. I believe, based on my brief observations under & around my Caddy, it is attached to the car with 23 clips, bolts/nuts and screws. There are three plastic clips on the lower rear bottom of the bumper. Open the trunk & you'll find a row of six clips. The top rear part of the bumper is attached with these six clips accessible from inside the trunk. There are four bolts attached on both sides of the bumper skirt (a total of eight) with 11mm or 12 mm nuts. Finally there are three plastic clips attached to the wheel wells on the both sides of the bumper skirt (a total of six). If you have chrome moldings on the wheel wells, like mine, then you may have to remove these moldings. Installation of the bumper is the reversal of the removal process.

NOTE: These removal instructions are based on the observations of my Caddy. I have not removed/installed the bumpers on a Caddy. I have, however, replaced the rear bumper of another GM car few years back.

Caddy-Lee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: rear bumper replacement

Thanks jazoo!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.