The Difference between DTS 06-11 & STS 02-04
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Cadillac Catera98
  • 1 Post By Tom's Caddy
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, The Difference between DTS 06-11 & STS 02-04 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, everyone I'm not new to the forum or anything, I would like you guys input on two different Cadillac's ...
    Cadillac Catera98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Catera

The Difference between DTS 06-11 & STS 02-04

Hi, everyone I'm not new to the forum or anything, I would like you guys input on two different Cadillac's the DTS 06-11 & STS 02-04. I'm looking to get back into a Cadillac and I would like to know the difference between the DTS and the Seville.... Before I go pick up a caddy that's not for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    This is your THIRD identical thread. Please stop multi posting.

Cadillac Catera98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Catera

Re: The Difference between Cadillac DTS 06-11 & The Cadillac Seville STS 02-04

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    This is your THIRD identical thread. Please stop multi posting.
    I can't have input from people in other forums????? This is the DTS forum am I right or wrong, and I would like to know why people love their DTS....
    Superjim and Gomaz like this.

Forum rules.

If you want info on the DTS, post here. But your first post was in the Seville forums, so I answered there first.

FWIW, whichever forum you post in, the members are most likely going to be biased. Maybe the lounge would have been better.

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

MoistCabbage RELAX, we are all not as smart as you.
    Superjim likes this.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Catera98 View Post
    Hi, everyone I'm not new to the forum or anything, I would like you guys input on two different Cadillac's the Cadillac DTS 06-11 & Cadillac Seville STS 02-04. I'm looking to get back into a Cadillac and I would like to know the difference between the DTS and the Seville.... Before I go pick up a caddy that's not for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll try to answer your question without complaining about it...This is the first time I have seen it.
    Since I own a DTS this is the forum I hang out it... I don't have the time nor the inclination to monitor all another forums...

I have not owned a 02-03 STS, so I really can't do a comparison....but...
    I loved my 2006 DTS Performance Sedan when I bought it new.
    Seven years and over 131,000 miles later, I still love it.
    It is big, smooth, relatively powerful and very comfortable.
    It's the best long distance highway cruiser. I have ever owned ... and I have owned a lot of vehicles in my 68 years.

It just FITS ME...
    When I have to eventually replace it, I will be looking for a 2011 Platinum as it's replacement.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

I too have no problem with you asking a question in the DTS forum about DTS comparisons, Catera98; I do have a problem with someone anointing themselves Disciplinarian...

I often rented 02 - 04 SLSs, not STSs, in SoCal and that's what got me hooked on Cadillacs. You'll find that the STS you're used to is nothing like the later STS: trust me I owned one and it was not an evolution from the 02 - 04. Not much interior room, no storage space in the cabin, and it rode like an oxcart on cobblestones. The thing I liked about the 02 - 04 was the comfort and the room, and this is replicated in the DTS. As far as ride is concerned: the SLS rode like a Lux I to III DTS, and I presume the STS would have ridden like a Performance DTS with the Magnetic Suspension.

The best way for you to check this out of course would be to take some test drives. Good luck!

Gomaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS II

I have never owned a sts but have driven one and they are more sporty then the dts but smaller, I like a larger car that has a softer ride so the dts was what I went for. the sts has a sportier look as well but i luv the long lines of the dts,

lol this will be a hard choice, I am happy with my choice with dts, but i do like the sts as well....tough one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Caddy
    MoistCabbage RELAX, we are all not as smart as you.
    I'm quite relaxed, thanks. Is there a problem stating forum rules and asking a member not to clutter up the forums?

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

I've owned a 2003 Seville STS and spent time behind the wheel of several DTS before I bought my current 2011 STS. A DTS Performance/Premium drivetrain is close to the fifth generation Seville. They handle about the same to me except the slightly smaller Seville is a tad more nimble with a deeper growl at WOT. The DTS will have a sleeker interior with more features such as massaging/ventilated front seats, front parking sensors, remote start, more remote options on the steering wheel, an updated NAV system, etc. However, I prefer the gage cluster, center stack, and wood trim in the Seville over the DTS. The Seville STS is also well optioned, but will have less goodies than a highly optioned DTS as the last model year was nearly a decade ago.

So it comes down to your needs and wants. What is your price point? Is there one model that appeals to you over the other?

I've been toying with the idea of adding a DTS to the garage myself

Notice what's visible in the front window of the DTS
    Attached Images

Asguard726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Platinum
    Hey there-I had a 2002 Seville STS with the magnetic suspension. I really liked it, so much so I wound up driving it over 100,000 miles.
    I usually trade my cars in around 80,000 miles. I really liked the looks of the newer STS's on the outside but the interior seemed a bit cheesy
    to me. Also the two test drives I took were like someone else has said, " like driving on cobblestones". So I looked, hesitantly, at the DTS.
    I perceived it as an older persons car. I could not have been more wrong. I bought an 06 DTS LuxIII after my first test drive. I have enjoyed
    it so much that I traded it for an 09 DTS Platinum as soon as one became available at my dealer. I find the handling to be on par with the
    02 STS. The crisp lines on the exterior I find very appealing. No one will confuse the DTS With any other vehicle. I like that. The interiors of the
    two vehicles are not really that dissimilar. The central consoles and gage clusters are nearly identical. The materials and fit and finish of the
    DTS interior almost seems to be an evolution of the 02 STS's. And the extra bells and whistles like power fold mirrors, massaging cooling
    seats, Nav Traffic and Bluetooth to name a few are icing on the cake.
    Try it, you'll like it!
    Dan

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: The Difference between DTS 06-11 & STS 02-04

There's more feedback in his identical thread in Seville.

For long road trips and hauling friends, the later loaded DTS would do it for me. For the wild twisties and speed runs, my F55 STS is the cat's meow. YPMV

(Your Preferences May Vary)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.