Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Does antbody know the Airbag count in 2006 DTS

Exclamation Does antbody know the Airbag count in 2006 DTS

I am wondering if anybody knows if the new DTS will have the same amount of airbags as the CTS STS and SRX with 2 in the columns 2 in the dash 2 in the seats and 2 in the rear.

Any ideas? by the pics I have dug up its looking like the answer is NO, but I would like a an actual answer not speculations. .. . . . . .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Does antbody know the Airbag count in 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacchris
    I am wondering if anybody knows if the new DTS will have the same amount of airbags as the CTS STS and SRX with 2 in the columns 2 in the dash 2 in the seats and 2 in the rear.

Any ideas? by the pics I have dug up its looking like the answer is NO, but I would like a an actual answer not speculations. .. . . . . .
    The number depends if the President is on board.....

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S

Re: Does antbody know the Airbag count in 2006 DTS

The current car offers the rear side bags as a option. Dont know if it will become standard.

As for the front bags. You only have 1 drivers and 1 passenger front (dash) air bag.

Are you refering to the dual stage bags?

What dual stage is.... You have one air bag, it has 2 deployment charges. Its typically about a 80/20 split on the potential charges (sodium azide.)

What happens during a accident event with deployment is the intial 80% charge is deployed. The 80% charge inflates the air bag. If the accident is detected by the air bag SDM to be more severe, the second 20% charge is then deployed. What this does is continue to keep the air bag inflated longer.

The 2 different deployments are just a few milliseconds different, but it does keep the bag inflated harder and for a longer period of time.

Logan Diagnostic
    www.airbagcrash.com
    www.ledfix.com