Input on 2 high mileage dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Input on 2 high mileage dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am looking for a DTS. I am trying to balance price with condition. Here are two I am looking ...
    dodger21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Input on 2 high mileage dts

I am looking for a DTS. I am trying to balance price with condition. Here are two I am looking at....the body condition does not bother me as I am getting what looks like a great price. Any input would be appreciated as I am going to look at these next week.

http://www.pelicanmotorsports.com/mo...?VID=202453873

http://www.pelicanmotorsports.com/mo...?VID=192454928

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Input on 2 high mileage dts

The silver one is a LUX 3 with the fairly rare column shifter...
    It has the BOSE sound system along with the cooled seats and and massaging front seats.
    Assuming the silver one checks out and EVERYTHING works like it should... I might make an offer... but it would be WAY LOWER than what they are asking for it.

From the looks of the black one... it has been rode hard and put up wet too many times for me to consider it.

billbill1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville, 2006 DTS

dodger21

The silver, is a duplicate look of my 2006. At that mileage, everything should of been gone through.
    Check the 100,000 mile recommendations. Have it checked by a Mechanic you TRUST.
    My guess is the person that SOLD the car, didn't do 100,000 maint., an old Cadillac, can Nickle & Dime
    you to death.

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

I think both are a very good buy.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I am personally leery about getting a vehicle with odometer reading of >100,000 miles. Then again, if you insist, I would make an offer on the silver Caddy. It appears to have been maintained well; i.e., fewer nicks & dings on the body, very few/minor nicks & scratches on the wheels, clean engine compartment. In addition, it has more features than the black Caddy; i.e., chrome alloy wheels, seats vibrators, BOSE sound system, sun roof, etc. The asking price is too high. See if you haggle it down to <$7,000.00. If possible, I would recommend getting it checked out by a reputable mechanic.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    I don't know if you would consider it but I paid $5k for my 2004 Deville w/ 106k miles that's in much better shape than both of those DTS. Deville's are cheaper than DTS' and can be found in better shape. If you do decide to get one of the two I'd get the silver one.

bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

@dodger I tried to reply to your private message but your inbox is full. ... so here's my response:

First, stay away from Dell Fine Motors. There's something fishy about them, can't pinpoint it but after I test drove the beautiful DTS they have they never got back to me, either by phone or email. I have a creepy feeling that they're not above board.

There are a few other DTS's in the Toronto area. Weston Motors has a grey one (2007), there's of course the black one in Kitchener that I asked about in my thread, but it looked as though it's in not such good condition. ALso, if you like white, you can go to Ontario Motor Sales in Oshawa. THey are not a wholesaler, they're a Chevy/Cadillac dealer.

Let me know. I did a lot of research and know of some others too.

06BLACKDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS
    I have a 2007 DTS Black on Black I may sell. It has 140k on it however it is in nearly mint condition, it has navigation, moonroof, a/c seats, floor shifter, Bose system, rear power shade, loaded basically...

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by dodger21 View Post
    I am looking for a DTS. I am trying to balance price with condition. Here are two .....the body condition does not bother me as I am getting what looks like a great price. Any input would be appreciated as I am going to look at these next week.
    Hey dodger21;

Did you end up getting one of the Caddys you listed? It's been over a week & you have not reported the feedback on this Forum!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.