STS-V Owner Looking to Add DTS to Garage
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Superjim
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, STS-V Owner Looking to Add DTS to Garage in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys & gals; the wife and I are looking at ditching the good ol' mini van for a DTS. ...
    Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

STS-V Owner Looking to Add DTS to Garage

Hey guys & gals; the wife and I are looking at ditching the good ol' mini van for a DTS. We were expecting a 4th kiddo but it didn't work out. Now we don't need a mini-van and just seeing it makes us extremely bummed, let alone the fact she's driving a mini van. She enjoys the comfort and quality of my STS-V, but wants to stay under 100 mph when she hits the gas. There are a few DTS's for sale in our area from base to Lux III trims. Any suggestions before we test drive and begin negotiations? We are new to the Cadillac family but have been so impressed with the forum members thus far. Thanks so much!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS Performance Sedan

Re: STS-V Owner Looking to Add DTS to Garage

Just my preference... but I prefer the highly optioned automobiles.
    If I am gonna drive a Cadillac... I want all the bells and whistles I can get.

If I was in the market, I would be looking at the top of the line, Performance and Platinum models.
    I would get the newest, highest optioned, lowest mileage one I could find, that would fit my budget.
    Gomaz and bwv565 like this.

reedmtn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Platinum

Caution: the DTS is an entirely different animal than the STS V. I traded my STS for my 2010 DTS after a 20 ft slow test drive and LOVE IT! My STS was a speed boat...my DTS is a yacht. My wife disliked the STS and found it very uncomfortable. My 2 sons never sat comfortably in the back. After a 4 day road trip to FL, my wife begged me to look for anything else. I had always felt the 2009-2011 DTS'S were really what a Cadillac was all about and began a search for one. I was blessed to locate a gorgesous 2010 White Diamond platinum in Orlando , and called to have them hold it for a test drive. It was incredible how smooth and roomy it was. It just floats along the highway and cruises in the city. No need for speed, as it has plenty of power. The front wheel drive provides safety for winter driving here in CO. It is the only car I have ever truly wanted to keep forever. Lastly, take your time looking and look nationally. I will only buy used if its certified. Find a good one, as Cad will not be making any more large sedan luxury sedans. These DTS's are turning quickly into rare collector cars! Good luck....show us what you find. I am sure both you and your wife especially will find it much more comfortable than your STS. IT IS TRULY WHAT A CADILLAC IS ALL ABOUT!

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Thanks Superjim and Reedmtn! The DTS we're looking for is for sale at the Caddy dealer. She likes the White Diamond as well. I agree; I can imagine that this DTS will be quite a different driving experience than my tuned V. I will keep you guys informed as we continue to look around.

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS Performance Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Nimoch View Post
    Thanks Superjim and Reedmtn! The DTS we're looking for is for sale at the Caddy dealer. She likes the White Diamond as well. I agree; I can imagine that this DTS will be quite a different driving experience than my tuned V. I will keep you guys informed as we continue to look around.
    What part of Texas are you in??
    I am in Ft. Worth.
    There are a few DTS's for sale in the DFW area...

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I would recommend 2010 or 2011 Platinum edition Caddy. Get with all the bells & whistles. Make sure to get a low miles and a certified Caddy. We test drove the new 2013 XTS about a month ago; it had all the gadgets but it was not as comfortable as the DTS. The Platinum editions have, inter alia, built-in the navigation system as a standard; a very nice & useful feature.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Nimoch View Post
    Hello Nimoch,

We are happy to have you as part of the Cadillac family and looking to purchase a DTS. I am glad to see the interactions you have had with other forum members. I will be on the lookout for new messages from you and I want to see you post pictures if you purchase the DTS! I can be reached via private message to further discuss any concerns or questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Caution: the DTS is an entirely different animal than the STS V. I traded my STS for my 2010 DTS after a 20 ft slow test drive and LOVE IT! My STS was a speed boat...my DTS is a yacht. My wife disliked the STS and found it very uncomfortable. My 2 sons never sat comfortably in the back. After a 4 day road trip to FL, my wife begged me to look for anything else. I had always felt the 2009-2011 DTS'S were really what a Cadillac was all about and began a search for one. I was blessed to locate a gorgesous 2010 White Diamond platinum in Orlando , and called to have them hold it for a test drive. It was incredible how smooth and roomy it was. It just floats along the highway and cruises in the city. No need for speed, as it has plenty of power. The front wheel drive provides safety for winter driving here in CO. It is the only car I have ever truly wanted to keep forever. Lastly, take your time looking and look nationally. I will only buy used if its certified. Find a good one, as Cad will not be making any more large sedan luxury sedans. These DTS's are turning quickly into rare collector cars! Good luck....show us what you find. I am sure both you and your wife especially will find it much more comfortable than your STS.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by reedmtn View Post
    Caution: the DTS is an entirely different animal than the STS V. I traded my STS for my 2010 DTS after a 20 ft slow test drive and LOVE IT! My STS was a speed boat...my DTS is a yacht. My wife disliked the STS and found it very uncomfortable. My 2 sons never sat comfortably in the back. After a 4 day road trip to FL, my wife begged me to look for anything else. I had always felt the 2009-2011 DTS'S were really what a Cadillac was all about and began a search for one. I was blessed to locate a gorgesous 2010 White Diamond platinum in Orlando , and called to have them hold it for a test drive. It was incredible how smooth and roomy it was. It just floats along the highway and cruises in the city. No need for speed, as it has plenty of power. The front wheel drive provides safety for winter driving here in CO. It is the only car I have ever truly wanted to keep forever. Lastly, take your time looking and look nationally. I will only buy used if its certified. Find a good one, as Cad will not be making any more large sedan luxury sedans. These DTS's are turning quickly into rare collector cars! Good luck....show us what you find. I am sure both you and your wife especially will find it much more comfortable than your STS.
    Hi reedmtn,

I am happy you love your DTS! I am glad you found a vehicle that suits you and your family and provides comfort for everyone. Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have concerns or questions!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Sorry...I dont know how or why my previous reply posted twice, but thanks anyway Cad care.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.