Safe car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Safe car in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Tonight I was hit by a drunk driver going 50mph and I was going 10mph while turning. My car suffered ...
    STSClint is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SB, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Safe car

Tonight I was hit by a drunk driver going 50mph and I was going 10mph while turning. My car suffered a lot of damage but my passenger and I are both safe. I just got it 4 weeks ago and I am mad to say the least. OnStar had quick responders on the scene in 8 minutes. I will always own a Cadillac.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: Safe car

Good to read you and your passenger seem to be ok.
    Guess it was the 2012 Cadillac Escalade Platinum that got it?
    Could you explain turning and getting hit?

It was my 2007 Cadillac DTS that was hit and I was turning right in a straight/right turn lane and a vehicle with no headlights slammed into the rear of my car (god knows how he missed the LED brake lights) sending me forward 20ft. OnStar was there immediately.
    Attached Images

bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Clint, I'm very happy to hear you and your passenger are ok. The rest, although we love our Cadillacs, are just sheet metal and parts that can always be replaced. Keep us posted on the car repairs and hope to see a new pic in the near future of it looking like new!

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

looks like a total to me rip 07

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello STSClint,

I apologize that this happened to you but I am glad to hear that everyone is safe and that OnStar was quick to the scene! Please keep us updated as to the repairs as well. Again, very glad to hear that you and your passenger are safe. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Someone hitting your vehicle @50mph would be total loss. I am hoping the other guy had insurance otherwise, at least, the deductible for the repairs would be coming out of your pocket. Just curious, you have On Star because of 2012 Cadillac Escalade Platinum. I dropped it couple of years ago as it was not fitting my budget.

Did the air bag(s) deploy?

Thank you everyone. I believe that the car is totalled because I looked underneath and the metal bumper attached to the frame is underneath the car and the spare tire well is totally crushed also the airbags did not deploy but the rear drivers side tire is shoved into the bumper... The other person did have insurance and it was valid surprisingly. I had the onstar 3 month trial on the dts. We have a year subscription on the escalade. I have a few friends in the auto auction business that will help me find a dts luxury 3 for my $12000 budget.

Well I 99% sure that my DTS is totalled... so I have already found the car to replace it. This beauty is a 2005 STS V8 RWD with navigation, Intellibeam, rainsense, heated and cooled seats, and bose 15 speaker audio. Not sure what trim level it is but I already have my deposit down on the vehicle and am sad to see my dts go only 4 weeks old...

ForumRunner_20130806_214055.png

ForumRunner_20130806_214112.png

crazcaddyguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance
    149331_3748574877172_1871194257_n.jpgThese cars are SAFE. I rear ended a big truck in my 2000 deville dhs at about 30-40 mph... and I had both my baby girls with me, we all made it out with no harm... just me a little burn from air bags!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

These are very safe cars. I flipped my 2000 STS into a ditch a year back and I escaped with a cut on my head and knee. Car held up very well considering. Sorry to hear about your DTS but good thing you are ok! Also you might want to drive that STS before you buy as they drive very differently from the old Seville's and DTS's. They don't ride well at all and the seats aren't very comfortable either. DTS>STS. Good luck with whatever you buy!

I will be buying a 2007 black on black Cadillac STS. Its AWD with the V6, loaded with options, and very comfortable!!

----------

I get what you mean though. The STS is a whole different animal and it is not as comfy but I dont drive for long periods of time so it doesnt matter to me!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Be VERY leery on those early V6 STS's. They eat timing chains and the repair is very expensive. If you can go for the V8, do it. The Northstar is very reliable on the RWD cars and the gas mileage difference isn't so great either.

This car seems like it has been maintained very well and I took it on a 30 mile test drive and it performed nicely. I liked it a lot

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.