A little tip
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, A little tip in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; We are getting ready for our yearly trip to NEW YORK CITY ( eating and shopping ). Getting my Caddy ...
    Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

A little tip

We are getting ready for our yearly trip to NEW YORK CITY ( eating and shopping ). Getting my Caddy ready for the 1000 mile trip I stumbled on something I think I should share. A while ago people on the board complained about a power steering hose leaking. I had a close look at mine and much to my chagrin the wiring harness from the fuse box which travels under the upper rad hose rubs on the bend of the pipe of the steering hose. It was a nice shinny rub with a little indent, which I think would eventually rub right through and cause a leak. My dad thought himself to be quit the inventor and if he was still alive would be proud of me because I found a black rubber hose cut it slowly in an angle about a 1/4 inch around like a curled snake and turned it around the pipe to protect it from the harness. Also guys Cadillac did this on purpose sorry to say, two clips not put on in the right holes, one by the fuse box to a little metal plate the other is the first of three which they nicely tapped up running along the cam cover under the upper rad hose. Looks like if you had the know how and time you could undo the harness and put it in the proper clips which might put it under the bend of the pipe so as not to rub at the bend, but maybe then it would also rub at that spot? Might just be a design flaw. I wish I could show you pics but unless I get my wife or one of my daughters to do I can't sorry. I feel much better knowing that the rubber hose is in between the harness and the pipe. I didn't think I was going to be this long winded sorry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: A little tip

Thanks Tom,

I will check mine when I get back home Sunday.
    I am on a trip now.

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

Hey Tom, I'd love to hear how you do your NYC trip. Where you park, where you stay, eat, etc.

Last year Mrs. Tomko and I went by train. A great trip but a long journey by train.

I'm planning to do it again next month but Mrs. Tomko isn't keen on another 11 hours in an Amtrak coach.

I was toying with the idea of going in Mrs. Tomko's Cruze Diesel but can't figure out where to safely park her car in Manhattan.

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    There are a lot of places to park I live in mahattan you could park any where you want after 7 pm and on the weekend. Anjoy you trip.

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Tomko, I would not drive long or park in Manhattan, They stack the cars 4 high on each other, no oily leaking foreign cars are going to drip on my Diamond Pearl DTS. We stay across in a gated parking lot over looking the water in New Jersey ( The Sheraton Lincoln Harbor ) and take the Ferry everyday into Time Square, expensive but car is very safe. We stop for breakfast at IHOP in Syracuse then a great drive through the Catskill Mountains 10 hours with all the stops. Leave early in the morning 3:30 am watch the sun rise as you drive. The best deli so far is Carnegie. Harolds delhi in Jersey is good. This time we are trying Katz deli. The drive is the trip for me.

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

Many thanks Tom for those tips.

I spoke to Mrs. Tomko and she might go for it. I sure don't want to fly because it's always a lot of drama with her dog.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Caddy View Post
    We are getting ready for our yearly trip to NEW YORK CITY ( eating and shopping ). Getting my Caddy ready for the 1000 mile trip I stumbled on something I think I should share. ..................... Also guys Cadillac did this on purpose sorry to say, two clips not put on in the right holes, one by the fuse box to a little metal plate the other is the first of three which they nicely tapped up: ................... unless I get my wife or one of my daughters to do. I feel much better knowing that the rubber hose is in between the harness and the pipe. I didn't think I was going to be this long winded sorry.
    Hey, Tom I hope you & yours special others have a safe trip to New York. Please have your wife OR daughter take pictures of the affected area with your modification, following your trip.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.