Buying 2010 DTS ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Buying 2010 DTS ? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Buying a 2010 DTS,43,000 mi. Have a 2006 and know of some of the problems such as the head lights ...
    buckaroo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS 2010

Buying 2010 DTS ?

Buying a 2010 DTS,43,000 mi. Have a 2006 and know of some of the problems such as the head lights flickering at times. Any on going problems I should be aware of with the 2010 ? Thanks, retired Fire Fighter from BALTIMORE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Re: Buying 2010 DTS ?

I have a 2010 DTS Lux III, 38,000 miles, zero problems in two years other than one blown headlight (warranty work) and needed a new battery in mid-2012 (warranty work). The only issue I have that is common to these cars is that when you are stopped over a traffic light induction loop in the asphalt, your front parking sensors will often flash. There is a Service Bulletin to stop the accompanying dinging, but the lights on the dash wil still blink a few times when you are stopped over the loop.

Retired 67-yr old firefighter from TORONTO.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by hazcaddy View Post
    I have a 2010 DTS Lux III, 38,000 miles, zero problems in two years other than one blown headlight (warranty work) and needed a new battery in mid-2012 (warranty work).
    The only issue I have that is common to these cars is that when you are stopped over a traffic light induction loop in the asphalt, your front parking sensors will often flash.
    There is a Service Bulletin to stop the accompanying dinging, but the lights on the dash wil still blink a few times when you are stopped over the loop.

Interesting... mine has never did that.. maybe that's just on the newer models...I don't know...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by hazcaddy View Post
    I have a 2010 DTS Lux III, 38,000 miles, zero problems in two years other than one blown headlight (warranty work) and needed a new battery in mid-2012 (warranty work). The only issue I have that is common to these cars is that when you are stopped over a traffic light induction loop in the asphalt, your front parking sensors will often flash. There is a Service Bulletin to stop the accompanying dinging, but the lights on the dash wil still blink a few times when you are stopped over the loop.

Hello hazcaddy,

Thanks for posting this and providing your experience. I hope you are enjoying your DTS still! I apologize for any inconvenience of your parking sensors flashing. If there are current concerns you would like to discuss, I am more than happy to interact with you. I can also help answer any questions you may have. I can be contacted via private messages!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

Check that the sensors are mounted proud in the fascia. I had one that was pushed back slightly & caused the lights & dinger to go off when stopped at an intersection. I was able to get down in from behind with a very long screwdriver & push it back out. Has been o.k. since.
    Norm

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Sensors are all fine, but thanks for the suggestion. This is a known problem, which is why there is a Service Bulletin about it. There are certain intersections where, when I'm first in the left turn lane at the light, I know the parking sensor lights will flash - I guess the loop's wire is a little closer to the road surface than at some other spots.

Now that the dinging has stopped after the fix, I've learned to live with it and hardly notice it any more.

But getting back to the OP's question, I really don't know of any major issues with the later-model DTS (2009 and up) that affects a whole whack of owners.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.