Please HELP with my "shaking at 60 mph" issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Please HELP with my "shaking at 60 mph" issue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; CaddyF.jpg I purchased my 2008 DTS in September of 2012, so I took my DTS to the Cadillac dealer for ...
    kadylac1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CADILLAC DTS

Please HELP with my "shaking at 60 mph" issue

CaddyF.jpg

I purchased my 2008 DTS in September of 2012, so I took my DTS to the Cadillac dealer for an oil change on 11/19/12. The dealer reported NO major issues and the car was running great. I went back to the Cadillac dealer for another oil change on 2/25/13, but on my way home (from the dealer) I noticed that my DTS would start shaking when my speed would hit 60 mph. The passenger seat would shake pretty bad, but the shaking would stop once I hit 70 mph. This lasted 2 weeks and then no more shaking. I thought nothing of it, so on 5/18/13 I installed a brand-new set of 22-inch wheels. The ride was amazing, so I took my DTS on a couple of trips from San Diego, CA to Los Angeles, CA and I had no issues. I went back to the Cadillac dealer on 6/24/13 for another oil change, but they found some issues this time around. The Service Advisor said that my Top Engine Mount was cracked (a $180 repair) and that there was slight movement in my Wheel Bearing (a $650 repair). On my drive home from the dealer, I noticed that the "shaking at 60 mph" issue had returned. Everything is fine once I hit 70 mph, but it's getting annoying now. I've seen some previous posts that suggest the "shaking at 60 mph" issue could be fixed by getting a front-end alignment or getting the wheels balanced. Any help or advice on fixing my "shaking at 60 mph" issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

Re: Please HELP with my "shaking at 60 mph" issue

i had the same issue go with the wheel balancing that should fix your 60 mph shake have all 4 checked take it to somebody that can handle 22 inch rims the dlr maybe able to do it

bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment but eyeing a 2016 XTS

If possible, find someone who does Road Force Balancing (not all mechanics/dealerships have that capability). It's not expensive and makes a world of difference.

NICE car, btw!

kadylac1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CADILLAC DTS

Thanks BigDaddyCaddy07, I'm going to get some wheel balancing prices from the dealer and a couple of wheel shops in the area.

----------

Thanks bwv565, I will definitely ask for Road Force balancing now.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kadylac1 View Post
    Attachment 131290

I purchased my 2008 DTS in September of 2012, so I took my DTS to the Cadillac dealer for an oil change on 11/19/12. The dealer reported NO major issues and the car was running great. I went back to the Cadillac dealer for another oil change on 2/25/13, but on my way home (from the dealer) I noticed that my DTS would start shaking when my speed would hit 60 mph. The passenger seat would shake pretty bad, but the shaking would stop once I hit 70 mph. This lasted 2 weeks and then no more shaking. I thought nothing of it, so on 5/18/13 I installed a brand-new set of 22-inch wheels. The ride was amazing, so I took my DTS on a couple of trips from San Diego, CA to Los Angeles, CA and I had no issues. I went back to the Cadillac dealer on 6/24/13 for another oil change, but they found some issues this time around. The Service Advisor said that my Top Engine Mount was cracked (a $180 repair) and that there was slight movement in my Wheel Bearing (a $650 repair). On my drive home from the dealer, I noticed that the "shaking at 60 mph" issue had returned. Everything is fine once I hit 70 mph, but it's getting annoying now. I've seen some previous posts that suggest the "shaking at 60 mph" issue could be fixed by getting a front-end alignment or getting the wheels balanced. Any help or advice on fixing my "shaking at 60 mph" issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Hello kadylac1,

Nice picture of your Caddy! I apologize for the shaking issue you are experiencing with your DTS at 60 mph. I see other members have offered their advice on your situation. Let me know what you plan on doing; if you are going to have the dealer diagnose your issue and repair. I can be contacted via private message to further discuss any concerns or questions.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

billbill1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville, 2006 DTS

Had a shaking at around 60-65, when I bought my 2006, with 76K.
    Hardest part was to get someone at the dealer to feel it with me.
    I stuck it out with several test drives, and swapping tires & wheels with another car.
    Final fix was, lower motor mount replacement, and a set of Michelin "SAM'S" tires.
    Haven't had a problem since, 30K miles. Have had to watch balance "close", tire looses a
    weight and I'm shaking again. Watch those motor mounts !!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.