2006 Cadillac DTS in Black
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 Cadillac DTS in Black in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

2006 Cadillac DTS in Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Re: 2006 Cadillac DTS in Black

Thanks Rauf!

What a beauty! I can't wait to take a closer look
    Paul

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Wow! Please post these in our image section (in the new DTS spot)! I like it a lot! That's my next car.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Holy Crap!!! What an improvement over the presidential limo. I'm really starting to really like this car. Can't wait to see it in person at the NY auto show at the end of the month.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

WOW! That is georgous.
    ~Steve

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I thought it was kinda ugly until I saw these pics... for some reason they look really good or the other pic I saw looks really bad..

When does this car hit showrooms? How long can I drive mine around like it's brand new?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

I like the slight refresh and it doesn't totally isolate 2000 - 2005 model owners like myself. The profiles are virtually identical. It's sort of like what lexus did with the LS. Us 2000 - 2005 owners have untill the end of the decade, or at least a few more model years, before we'll really feel like lasts Sunday's paper... I still like the a$$ on my DeVille better.

Yes, I like the back of my DeVille better as well.. Front? Not sure.. The "newness" is nice on the update... By the time the full redesign comes along, I should be ready for my first new car - I hope...

kkeith1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Now that's alot better than I originally thought. Pretty nice.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It looks exactly the same as the current DTS with new wheels and F/R facia refresh. Same FWD setup- if it's not RWD, its a non contender in my book- even more so if they are trying to slip a "new" design past us with the same substandard hardware. I expected the new DTS to be a GS430 crusher-not a re-dressed 01' Deville. Dissapointing for sure.

krypt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Um, a "GS430 crusher"??? These are two different types of cars. The GS competes with the STS while the LS competes with the Deville. That is still uneven though because the LS is RWD and is up there with the S Class and 7 Series.

Forget about the DeVille competing with the Lexus LS in our lifetime. It's like the Corvette competing with the Viper. Or the CTS-V competing with the BMW M5. Cadillac might get ahead for a year, but once the Lexus (or, in this case, Viper or M5) releases their new model, it's over.. They're just way too ahead of the game. However, Cadillac is working on a higher luxury full-size vehicle to compete with Mercedes, BMW and Lexus..

Cadillac isn't trying to fool anybody with this new design. This isn't the "new" DeVille everyone's been talking about. That's not coming for another couple of years. This is the same type of deal you had when the first Escalade made it to dealerships. This isn't the "real deal" yet. Still, I don't believe the next DeVille will be, or even should be, rear wheel drive. Cadillac has plenty of rear wheel drive vehicles now. And the new ultra luxury model will also be rear wheel drive. Cadillac would be out of their minds to completely alienate their front-wheel drive buying customer base. There are far more than enough people who appreciate front wheel drive. Then you have the people who simply don't care which wheels power the vehicle. This number overwhelms the amount of people who want or need rear wheel drive.

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

I agree Sal, the fresh look of the bow and stern are nice. If you know Caddies like we do you will be able to pick this one out. I think 2008 is the next re-design. (Sigma based?). My 99' Concours still has some of the old school lines which I enjoy. As usual the DTS will always be my first choice as a daily driver.

highonchai is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Seville Commemorative Edition, '69 Sed.Dev., '06 CTS

Unhappy Re: 2006 Cadillac DTS in Black

It does look much better in black, nonetheless i think cadillac has made a large mistake. To me it looks like a cobbled together Cadillac, the grill from an Escalade, CTS headlights, Hood and deck from an STS, and the 00-05 body and bumpers. Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" comes to mind. The Deville is no longer the flagship model for Cadillac and its a shame. I think it started to lose popularity with the remodel in 98 or 00, i cant recall, whenever the lost the frenched tail lamps. The rear roofline even reminds me of a Crown Vic. cruiser, and when a Cadillac starts looking like a lincoln or a merc. i dont know what to do... not only that but they are following in the all RWD models, I think Caddy will lose a lot of customers, especially in the northern states, I live in Michigan and i certainly wouldnt want to drive one of these cars in a Mich winter, at least keep one car that is FWD the smallest model at least, the CTS, or even the STS, and since the STS is the unofficial flagship of Cadillac then keep the Deville FWD. I hate to say anything negative about the brand of automobile that i am most passionate about, but i think Cadillac is making a few mistakes. yet my tune may change once they hit showrooms... or maybe theyre playing a practical joke, "Bush gets the '06 model Deville as his limo, lets make it ugly as hell" And theyre keeping something so top secret that it will blow us all away.... wishful thinking im sure. Maybe the DTS-V will look hot

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.