2006 Cadillac DTS in Black - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 Cadillac DTS in Black in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by CADDYBLACK99 (Sigma based?) I believe Lutz said they have got all they can get out of the ...
    majax is offline 32V Northstar

Re: 2006 Cadillac DTS in Black

Quote Originally Posted by CADDYBLACK99
    (Sigma based?)
    I believe Lutz said they have got all they can get out of the Sigma witht eh STS. They will no longer be using the platform for new cars.

I am waiting for the new DTS in '08, I think it would be great if they had an Acura like AWD system standard on it.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I meant LS430 crusher- The MSRP is about the same. Given Cadillac's new direction- I would love to see a Northstar powered RWD Deville minus all the magnetic crap (shocks, magna steer) with navi for 50-55K. I would even settle for a cheap LS6 powered CTesque V conversion sans the MSRP inflation. Notice that I didn't even mention better reliability or resale. I am loosing my faith in Cadillac more and more every day. Motor Trend put it best when they said the base STS was substandard with the 3.6, base interior, and a 40K+ MSRP. I think sales would go thru the roof if the sticker was honest. It's really sad when a 1yr old Cadillac is worth 50% of the orig msrp while a 98 GS is worth 50% or more.

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Here is the photo from NY Autoshow:

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

So all they did was freshen the body of the old Deville?

How much of this is new?

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodSaint
    So all they did was freshen the body of the old Deville?

How much of this is new?
    The front end, the rear end, the wheel selection and the interior is all new.
    ~Steve

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I think yall are bein a little hard on the poor guy... He wasnt meant to be a complete DTS replacement or even a substantive upgrade. Its meant a subtle freshening to take the car into the next decade, or close to it, since right now the cost of doing a ground up on the DTS and the fact that its still such a good seller are keeping it from occuring.

I think the interior is the more exciting part, the old interior was definitely showing its age.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    I think the interior is the more exciting part, the old interior was definitely showing its age.
    ~Steve

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    ...since right now the cost of doing a ground up on the DTS and the fact that its still such a good seller are keeping it from occuring.
    In otherwords, we are GM, so why should we invest in our car's when the Escalade is arriving soon!

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

I went to the auto show over the weekend and saw it in person, this thing has totally grown on me. The front and the back don't seem to totally agree with each other though, the front is art & science all the way while the back is retro Caddy. Anyway, besides this little complaint I like it. The interior also looks a thousand percent better than the previous car. I took pictures but they didn't come out too well (this is what I get for forgetting my digital and having to buy a disposable), but there are enough posted already anyway. I think its a perfect place holder until an all new DTS comes out. Wonder if they'll do a V version?

They had a DTS stretch limo on display too, which thankfully looks better than the president's limo, but it still has that weird stretched limo look. Whats the story on this, is it built by Cadillac or by a conversion company? There was no mention of any conversion company on or near the car, which makes me think maybe Caddy is back in the factory limo game.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

That was actually Donald Trump's limo sitting there.. it was made by Cadillac master coachbuilders. Which made the older deville in limo forum as well.

http://www.autofan.com/newsdetail.as...5&mn=3&yr=2005

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

They got rid of the seat-mounted seatbelts, which are painful for the tall and skinny. Now if they would bring back cloth interiors, I might buy one.

1SICKLEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Lexus GS 450h...others..

I love the DTS in black. Very imposing. Its always been a good looking car to me.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I wonder if someone will make a front-end kit for 2000-2005 DeVilles.. I know, it's silly - but it gets done for other vehicles, like the Corvette - which is a complete update, front-side-back...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Cadillacfanatic is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think part of the reason why they didnt dramatically redesign this car for the 2006 model year is probably because,they already have plans for major changes for the 2007/2008 DTS model,there is talk that it will look similar to the Cadillac V-16 concept,and I will be buying a new DTS around that time,if not its replacement vehicle.I currently own a 2005 DTS and the 06 does look similar to my car,but with some cosmetic changes.

Merl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 deville/ 99 deville

You know what the new front end has really grown on me. I like it, and i think they are doing a little more uniformity, and thats why cadillacs are looking alike, besides the big GM parts bin. I dont like the chrome stripe though. But man the interior looks awsome, I like that analog clock, and the seats look better, and there appears to be an overall better fit-and-finish all around the car. I do believe I will get one next year since my other two are showing there age a little.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.