Dash Cams
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Dash Cams in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anybody here running a dash cam? I'm interested in getting one. I would like some 1st. hand experience on makes ...
    stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

Dash Cams

Anybody here running a dash cam? I'm interested in getting one. I would like some 1st. hand experience on makes & models.
    Norm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TLC
    TLC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: Dash Cams

I've wanted one for a while just not sure of a good one. Anyone have input?

Eddie39 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS LUX I 44k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville

I bought the one Kim Komando had on her website but I paid a lot more for it than the same ones I've seen of Amazon under a different name. It works great and you can use up to a 32gig card which will give you a little over 200 minutes of continuous recording. It comes with a long power cable and suction cup mount. I mounted it on the left side just below my mirror and ran the power cable up in the head liner down the rubber on the post, under dash and console to the power socket under the driver seat.

Asguard726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Platinum
    Hi guys,
    I'm curious as to what one would do with a dash cam? Other than the police, what uses would there be? Not trying to be a smart a**, just curious.
    Thanks,
    Dan

I had a guy one Saturday morning run down the median and cut in front me, slamming on his brakes. Lucky for me the right lane had cleared allowing me the to do a quick lane change. There was no way I could have stopped my car to keep from hitting him. He was drive a Ford F250 and would have total my car if I had hit him. The accident would have been my fault if I couldn't proof what he had done. Also those who run red light also bothers me. That is the reason I got a dash cam, just a small price to pay for some added insurance.

LuciferEyes is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    I using "blackvue" including GBS to track your car from PC if some one use it .
    They have APP on Iphone and android to check live time recording and upload file to youtube directly
    Recored full HD 1080 .
    16 & 32 memory card

Looks nice but I could not justify three or four hundred dollars for a dash cam.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Dash cams are really popular in Russia. Seems like it's the "in" thing. They are forever posting videos of strange things (yes, including lots of accidents) onto youtube. Makes for entertaining viewing sometimes, but I, too, can't justify $400 for it. But then, it would be good to have video evidence if someone caused a wreck, and it wasn't your fault.

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

For those of you who would like to have a dash cam but don't want to spend the big bucks these are amazingly good for what you pay for them and can take a 32GB micro-SD card.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DV-MD80...item4d0a6e602e
    There are lots of vendors selling the same thing all over ebay and Amazon, so don't take my link for a recommendation, I just pulled that one quick to show you what I was talking about. I use one of these on my motorcycle and I love the flexibility of being able to out it in a dash or windshield mount or to clip it to a pocket or lapel.
    $T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJLIBQc4jCq+Zg~~60_3.JPG

The one I have has a drop down screen to monitor with or for playback. It also has a nighttime setting.

Atavar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Yep, ya get what you pay for, no screen on the $16.95 mini cam.

I case anyone interested this is the one I ordered

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
    I have a fingerhut account they are threatening to close because I never use it but its good on my credit report
    So the past few weeks I have actually been looking at 2 dash cams they had and the price is not bad for them

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

1 other question
    will a dash cam really make a difference or is it just a cool thing to have ?
    like i guess what i am asking is
    ok so you rear end someone
    in the eye of the LAW and Insurance company you are at fault

Now if i have a dash cam and i have it on and it records someone getting infront of me and slamming on there breaks after cutting me off
    will that really help me to get out of trouble in court and prove an accident is not my fault or for my insurance company to not hold me at fault ?

also same question about if someone is infront of me and they are stopping or it showes them slowing down but they have 1 or 2 break lamps out will that help me to be not at fault ?
    or is it really just going to help for evidence in court if they try to sew me
    but im still going to be held at fault for the accident ?

TLC
    TLC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Absolutely it will. It will show exactly what happened. I've been wanting one for years beause there are so many scammers like this. But to answer your question yes it will save your ass in many situations. I hope to have mine by the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    1 other question
    will a dash cam really make a difference or is it just a cool thing to have ?
    like i guess what i am asking is
    ok so you rear end someone
    in the eye of the LAW and Insurance company you are at fault

Now if i have a dash cam and i have it on and it records someone getting infront of me and slamming on there breaks after cutting me off
    will that really help me to get out of trouble in court and prove an accident is not my fault or for my insurance company to not hold me at fault ?

also same question about if someone is infront of me and they are stopping or it showes them slowing down but they have 1 or 2 break lamps out will that help me to be not at fault ?
    or is it really just going to help for evidence in court if they try to sew me
    but im still going to be held at fault for the accident ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.