Rainsense on Luxury I
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Rainsense on Luxury I in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all. I was wondering if there was any way I could add rainsense to my 2007 Luxury I DTS. ...
    STSClint is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SB, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Rainsense on Luxury I

Hello all. I was wondering if there was any way I could add rainsense to my 2007 Luxury I DTS. I first need to find the rainsense sensor for the windshield, and then there should be a plug somewhere? I heard that it can be done just want some input

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (60K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Re: Rainsense on Luxury I

I don't know whether a factory Rainsense system can be added or not. I don't know about the DTS, but when I had a 2001 Park Avenue with Rainsense, I went through 2 windshields due to rocks and both times the windshield was replaced, the windshield was different than a standard Park Avenue windshield because my car had the Rainsense system. It may be so with the DTS, as well...something to consider.

If you find that you cannot add the Rainsense system, check into the RainTracker system...an aftermarket system that can be added to most cars. It won't be factory, but it accomplishes the same task.

Good luck in whichever way you go.

Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I think the turn signal stalk is different also...

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

Wouldn't be worth it in my book, the rainsense for GM is okay but not that accurate, have this feature on my 2008 Saturn Vue and also on my old 2001 Buick PA Ultra.
    Windshield, dash sensor and different turn signal arm equals a lot of work.

Oh well! I am doing a few other things to my car in the mean time. I decided to buy a wood accented steering wheel off ebay! I also hooked up an intellibeam mirror! Next on my list is to add a NAV head unit! Slowly making my Luxury I into a Luxury III!

How hard was it to change steering wheels? I have heated leather wrapped on my DTS not sure if woodgrain would work.

EASY. Theres a youtube video that shows the easy way

Quote Originally Posted by STSClint View Post
    EASY. Theres a youtube video that shows the easy way
    I`m also asking if the woodgrain has the heat option, I live in Canada and here the heated steering option is a good thing in the winter.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

The factory furnished wood grain steering wheel does have the heat option. But only the leather portion is heated.

Asguard726 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Platinum
    yes I can confirm the wood and leather steering wheels get warm on the leather bits at three and nine o'clock positions if you have
    that option. I really love that on a cold morning. whoever invented the heated steering wheel was a freaking genius. We're so spoiled,
    I've read where in the early years of automobiles, to keep warm people took bricks from the fireplace and kept them on the floorboard
    of the car!
    Dan :-)

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (60K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Quote Originally Posted by STSClint View Post
    Oh well! I am doing a few other things to my car in the mean time. I decided to buy a wood accented steering wheel off ebay! I also hooked up an intellibeam mirror! Next on my list is to add a NAV head unit! Slowly making my Luxury I into a Luxury III!
    Way to go!!! I've done similar things with other cars in the past...turning base models into luxury-equipped models. 80-90's Ford Motor Co cars were pretty easy...Ford put most of the wiring in whether the car had the options or not...usually was plug-n-play. I'm impressed that you hooked up the Intellibeam mirror...how hard was it to connect all the auto-high/low beam headlights? I have that feature in my LuxIII (and love it), but there might be others who are interested in adding this feature to their cars. Since you're pretty handy with the features...I'd say go for the RainTracker system...shouldn't be difficult for you at all.

Intellibeam is plug and play to be honest. It was the easiest mod to do! Rainsense looks like itll be a challenge so imma have to do research first... after rainsense imma get a navigation HU and then the DTS platinum exterior door handles

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.