P0601 Do I need a new ECM?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, P0601 Do I need a new ECM? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 06 DTS died on me twice today and said "Starting Disabled Service Throttle System." I shut it off the ...
    kman779 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

P0601 Do I need a new ECM?

My 06 DTS died on me twice today and said "Starting Disabled Service Throttle System." I shut it off the first time and waited a couple minutes and it started up. The second time I was sitting at a stoplight. I pushed it through the intersection and had to wait even longer to get it running. I drove it the last block home where I plugged my OBDII scanner in and pulled P0601 Control Module ROM Fault with a possible cause of failed ECM.

So it looks like I will be replacing my ECM unless anyone has a better idea. Does anybody know what the part number of the ecm is so I can find one to buy? Also, where can I go to get it reprogrammed? Does it have to be pulled from the same model or are there other GM models witht the same computer that I could use and program for my vehicle?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: P0601 Do I need a new ECM?

I will look on my ECM that is in my rollaway in the morning and get the part number for you.
    I still have my original ECM that I kept when I had my car TUNED.
    I bought replacements to have tuned, so that if I didn't like the tune, I could put the originals back in the car.

Thanks Superjum, I found ACDELCO part #19210735 for the ECM. I will wait to see if that matches the part number from your vehicle. As far as programming the ECM, where is the best place to take it/send it to. As I understand it it needs to be programmed to match my VIN in order to run properly. I am in a hurry to get my vehicle running as I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks. Do you think the dealership is a good option to get the reprogram done quickly?

12603530 is the number on mine... but that translates to 19210735 at http://www.rockauto.com/ and at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-192107...words=19210735

----------

The module is located under the air intake... right behind the drivers side headlight.
    It isn't TOO HARD to change.
    I have changed mine back and forth a few times right after I had the tune done to the car... just to see the difference.

The dealer or a local garage that has a TECH ll and knows how to do the CRANK RELEARN can do it for you.

Alright, I have ordered the AC Delco replacement part. I also spoke to my local Caddy dealer and they said they can reprogram it for $100-150. Seems expensive for install and flash, but if I want my car running I guess I have to pay it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kman779 View Post
    Alright, I have ordered the AC Delco replacement part. I also spoke to my local Caddy dealer and they said they can reprogram it for $100-150. Seems expensive for install and flash, but if I want my car running I guess I have to pay it.
    Hello kman779,

I am sorry for any inconvenience you had to deal with in regards to your vehicle dying twice in the same day. I see you have ordered the replacement part and are taking it into the dealership to fix. Please keep us updated after the fix and if you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Taking everything apart and getting TO IT will take some time, then putting everything back together and then doing the actual work on the ECM.
    Probably take an hour or so...
    That don't sound like a too bad price if that includes THEM installing it.

I may be wrong and someone can correct me... but.......

If I remember right... it will run without being flashed... it just won't be quite RIGHT.
    That's why I told you where it was so you could go ahead and install it and maybe save some money at the dealer.
    You might want to call them and see if it would be any cheaper if you already had it installed and all they had to do was hook up the TECH ll.

The guy at the dealership said he needed me to keep the old one in so they can pull information off of it and then they would install the new one and reassemble.

The guy at the dealership said he needed me to keep the old one in so they can pull information off of it and then they would install the new one and reassemble.
    Understand ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.