Does this car look like a good deal price-wise?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Does this car look like a good deal price-wise? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thinking of jumping back into the Northstar world. Looked at this DTS and liked it but am wondering if it's ...
    bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Does this car look like a good deal price-wise?

Thinking of jumping back into the Northstar world. Looked at this DTS and liked it but am wondering if it's too much. Canadian Blackbook (same as KBB) says it should be around $12000.

http://www.shopwilsons.com/detail-20...-10603465.html

The pics make the car look darker than it actually is but the color is really quite nice, I haven't seen many of this color in my area.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Does this car look like a good deal price-wise?

Offer them $11,000 and then negotiate from there...

Gomaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS II

not a bad deal, not a fan of the bench seat but other than that do like Superjim says and offer $11,000

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I hope you are not concerned about getting a smoker's car as the ad does not mention anything about it. According to the Car Fax Report, the previous owner put on ~14,300 miles/year which is way above the norm to me. There is no maintenance history records. Having said that, the car looks clean inside/outside. If the KBB says $12,000.00 then you should not go above $11,000.00 unless, of course, if you love the car & after getting it c/ked out buy your mechanic.

One more thing, check out the body rust unless it is driven in non-salt/sand conditions during winter times.

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

Didn't even know the DTS came with column shift and bench seat. The older versions would be called a DHS or Deville without the floor shifter and buckets.

@DevilleDeeman, yes that's right. I personally don't like the shifter on the steering wheel, it's reminiscent of the earlier days. The floor version is so much nicer as it is in my 2003 STS. But with used cars one cannot be too picky sometimes. Other things may be more important, such as color, condition, mileage, etc.

P.S. This is all moot now as I decided I didn't care for the dealership's selling tactics and passed on this car.

Cadillac_Phx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Concours (SOLD) / 2006 DTS Lux II

As nice as these cars are they don't hold great resale value, which is good if your buying used
    I got my 2006 DTS Lux 3 for $6,700 with 137,000 miles & drives like new. No sunroof BUT I got the floor shifter and woodgrain steering wheel. I would NOT buy a DTS without floor shifter or woodgrain steering wheel.

OK here's another one I'm looking at, feedback appreciated. Canadian Black Book says it's the right price for this mileage and year. Keep in mind the 222K are kilometers, not miles.

http://inventory.kitchenerford.com/u...--id359003.htm

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

138,000 miles is high mileage, no matter how you cut it. The car was sold/traded for one or several expensive reasons......... and it's now 7 model years old ........ so that equals about 32,000 Km/year or 20,000 miles/year - lease or rental car. What's the Canadian annual mileage average - in the U.S it's about 12,500 miles/year.

(222 X .62 = 137.6)

Pictures lie - any decent contract detail shop can make a used car look superficially new.

That's a good question re: annual mileage average. I guess like anywhere else it really depends on the owner, area, etc. I would say about 20,000 km/year but I could be totally mistaken. The salesperson I spoke with said it was a trade (it's a Ford dealer) and no accidents but standard dings, etc. on the body. The dealership is about 90 mins from my house so I haven't seen it yet. I'll probably pass but was curious. I still have the STS (kept it instead of trading for the Mustang, have both now), but am always on the lookout for a newer DTS.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

The last one you posted...the black one with 222,893 km...
    It doesn't even have heated seats... front or rear...

I would pass... especially at that price and that mileage...

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Have you also considered an '04-'05 Deville? Like you I came from an STS (with a BMW along the way) and though I was originally looking for another STS I ended up with my Deville which I have thoroughly enjoyed. Mine is a base model but I paid $5k and it had 106k miles when I bought it. So far it's needed an A/C recharge, two front wheel hubs and a motor mount.

ryannel, I love the DeVilles, in fact even before I bought my STS I was looking for one but couldn't find the year/price/color that I wanted (my favorites being the 97-99). I don't care for the 2002-2005 body style and as we all know the 99s had muchos problemos so that's why I'm thinking maybe an 06+ DTS would fit the bill. I'm just looking around, after my STS experience I'm a little gun shy but there are possibilities. Anyway I will probably pass on this one too. Thanks for your reply.

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

That 2006 certified, E tested and any kind of warranty for $6000 is a very good buy in my humble opinion. If the crossover gaskets are not leaking it is a good buy, up in the great white north, go look at it.

teckguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS (Titanium) 43,000 KMs

For reference sake I just bought a 2006 DTS Luxury 3 with Titanium paint and 40,000kms, that's 25,000 miles for $12,750.....flew thru e-test and safety....looks like brand new , oh and never seen winter so the rims are also like new.

Original everything so busy changing filters and fluids and a squeaky serpentine belt...not too much pain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.