Does this car look like a good deal price-wise? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Does this car look like a good deal price-wise? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; @teckguy did you buy it privately or at a dealership?...
    bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Re: Does this car look like a good deal price-wise?

@teckguy did you buy it privately or at a dealership?

teckguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS (Titanium) 43,000 KMs

Good old Auto Trader....I looked at several before I made the decision. There is a nice clean white one in Barrie on Kijji for around 11K that was also nice....just could not resist the low mileage and no winters.
    bwv565 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teckguy View Post
    Good old Auto Trader...
    Yes but Autotrader has both private and dealer listings.

----------

OK here's another one. http://www.shopwilsons.com/detail-20...-10789692.html

dodger21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I am looking for a 2006/2007. What about the 90000 miles? Is that a red flag.....always leery of high miles.

Test drove this one yesterday: http://www.dellfinecars.ca/inv_cadillacdtsblack.asp

2006 w/111K km, has every possible option I've ever seen. Drives great, body looks good and it has the bigger performance engine as well. The only thing that was not working were the three homelink buttons on the overhead console, when you push them, they just push up into the plastic and don't work. I suppose it's no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway it's truly beautiful. They're asking $12995 (CAD). I'm going to drive it again and take it to a) a mechanic and b) a GM dealer to get the service history. It might be just the one.

teckguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS (Titanium) 43,000 KMs
    Look at the white one in Barrie for $11500 cdn with 60,000 KMS on it.... It's a lux III

Mine was private and the dealer gave me the full history when I went in....one seat memory module and that was it ever.

I have a couple burt out LEDs on the third brake light and a serpentine belt that's squeaky but I'll have it perfect on no time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Prefer black exterior but thanks.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by teckguy View Post
    For reference sake I just bought a 2006 DTS Luxury 3 with Titanium paint and 40,000kms, that's 25,000 miles for $12,750.....flew thru e-test and safety....looks like brand new , oh and never seen winter so the rims are also like new.

Original everything so busy changing filters and fluids and a squeaky serpentine belt...not too much pain.
    Congrats!! Welcome to the DTS Forum. You acquired a jewel with a good price.

Enjoy your new luxury.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by bwv565 View Post
    Test drove this one yesterday: http://www.dellfinecars.ca/inv_cadillacdtsblack.asp

2006 w/111K km, has every possible option I've ever seen. Drives great, body looks good and it has the bigger performance engine as well. The only thing that was not working were the three homelink buttons on the overhead console, when you push them, they just push up into the plastic and don't work. I suppose it's no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway it's truly beautiful. They're asking $12995 (CAD). I'm going to drive it again and take it to a) a mechanic and b) a GM dealer to get the service history. It might be just the one.
    If you decide that is the one you want... make the sale conditional on "THEM" fixing the Homelink buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    If you decide that is the one you want... make the sale conditional on "THEM" fixing the Homelink buttons...
    That goes without saying.
    Superjim and Ludacrisvp like this.

This is seven model years old car with ~138,000 miles. The previous owner has driven ~20,000 miles/year which is way above the norm. The listed price may seem low but you are buying some one else problems for a used car with >138,000 miles. I would pass especially at that high mileage.

@jazoo who are you talking to, and in reference to which vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by bwv565 View Post
    @jazoo who are you talking to, and in reference to which vehicle?
    Hey bwv565, I was talking about a message you posted on 7/30/2013 re: a 2007 Caddy with 222k kilometers.

Quote Originally Posted by jazoo View Post
    Hey bwv565, I was talking about a message you posted on 7/30/2013 re: a 2007 Caddy with 222k kilometers.
    Ah ok, i couldn't tell if your msg was in response to the last one in the thread or earlier. In any event, yes I totally agree and decided to pass on that one due to exactly what you said, the high kilometers and also since the salesperson gave me the impression on the phone that he wasn't all that enamored with it. And I've decided against the other two as well, the white one because, well it's white and the black performance pkg that I just saw this weekend because the dealership was a little sketchy, I think. They didn't return a phone call or email message so that's already a red flag for me.

Anyway my STS rides better than ever, so I don't NEED a new car at the moment, however now I think I may have to replace one or more of the Bose speakers. The verdict is still out on that, and I'm taking the car to the one place in the Toronto area that services GM audio/OnStar systems. I actually trust them and like their work, so I'll see what they say...the sound is currently 'crackling' and it makes it really annoying to listen to the radio that way.

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

billbill1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville, 2006 DTS

I got a real buzz, reading this Thread, on reasons for or against, floor shift.
    It gives a good look at preferences, by age groups. Floor shift makes it a 5 passenger car, with
    smaller armrest. For me this makes for one Grandchild/Great Grandchild in the trunk, and less armrest
    help, getting into car. This wouldn't of occurred to me, at 25 .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.