HELP!! Service Stabilitrak/TC, Transmission Rough, No A/C, Overheating!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, HELP!! Service Stabilitrak/TC, Transmission Rough, No A/C, Overheating!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Wow... Typing it makes it even harder to believe. 2006 Cadillac DTS - 130,000 miles Driving around normally today... All ...
    ab7977 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry HELP!! Service Stabilitrak/TC, Transmission Rough, No A/C, Overheating!!

Wow... Typing it makes it even harder to believe.

2006 Cadillac DTS - 130,000 miles

Driving around normally today... All of a sudden Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control messages come up, and instantly the Transmission starts shifting rough, I lose A/C, and temperature gauge starts to rise (was right down the street and made it home before it went higher than 3/4's of the way up). Needless to say I'll be having it towed for service, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this (so hopefully I can be informed enough to not get screwed by the local mechanic).

????

I've had to have a wheel speed sensor replaced in the past when Service Stabilitrak/Traction Control Lights come on, so I'm familiar with that. Just not sure what would cause all this to happen at once? Sounds more like an electrical issue to me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: HELP!! Service Stabilitrak/TC, Transmission Rough, No A/C, Overheating!!

If one of your wheel speed sensors came unplugged.... it will do all of what you described, except for the A/C and over heating.
    That would probably be a separate issue.

That's what I was thinking but isn't it likely they're connected somehow since it happened at the exact same time?? Can't imagine it's a coincidence. :-/ Strange...

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    First thing is that if all of that happen check wich code are you getting And work from there. something similar happen to me and it was burn ecm because of a short in one of my oxygen sensor but instead of burning the fuse it burn the ecm. What year is your car the 06 and 07 the bolt of the fuse box under the hood they get loose and the box loose it connection to the harness check them they 2 bolt.

Cadillac_Phx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Concours (SOLD) / 2006 DTS Lux II

If this all started at once it could be some electrical issue/ box. Maybe the box that holds a lot of fuses burned up? I'm against taking vehicles to dealerships but sounds like you don't have an option. Take it to a dealer. Where are you located???

HASSAN4477 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS PERFORMANCE
    Check your fuses this just happened to me replaced a 15 amp fuse and voilā

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

I think there is a button on the consul to turn off the stabilitrak try that in addition to what the previous posters said. Mike

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by mike5514 View Post
    I think there is a button on the consul to turn off the stabilitrak try that in addition to what the previous posters said. Mike
    The button only turns off TRACTION CONTROL.
    it does not turn off Stabilitrac...

Checked the fuses, the fuse labeled OXY PST was blown. Replaced it and it blew again 10 minutes after driving again. Must be a short somewhere. At dealer now.

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    Did you found out what is wrong with your car.

Update... 2 motor mounts were shot, and the motor moving around was causing it to rub up against some wires in the wiring harness. The heat was melting the plastic and rubber off the wires and they were arcing and blowing the fuses. Motor mounts had to be replaced, subframe had to be lowered to get to some of the wires so they could be fixed. $1,500 at the local dealer at $130/hr

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.