Headlight Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Headlight Help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hope someone can give me some help. When driving my 2006 DTS at dusk with light knob on auto the ...
    c21guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Headlight Help

Hope someone can give me some help. When driving my 2006 DTS at dusk with light knob on auto the lights come on at a certain level of darkness. Right front low beam doesn't always come on. I think it has come on a time or two and and goes on and off like maybe a loose connection.
    If I turn the knob to headlights it works every time. Are there two different circuits controlling the headlights??
    Any suggestions to debug this thing?
    TIA
    Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c21guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Headlight Help

Has anyone had problems with a flickering/on and off headlight?

----------

Found some help in Search function. Several sound like my problem.
    Thanks

phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Its either a failing ballast or a dieing bulb. There have been a few threads on this topic. Do a search and you'll find all the information your looking for.

Tom's Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

phigment your thread on headlight removal a while ago was great. I think you are bang on with the advice you gave c21guy, I think ballast. My parking bulb just went out. When you changed yours out, what size nut and bolt in lower cave, was it 10mm? Also can a normal depth socket go over the two bolts there? I have limited tools. Is the 2825 bulb the same as GM part #1999382? And one more question please, when you bump the bumper facia ahead 3-4 inches like you did, in no way could you unhook your parking assist sensors can you? Thanks so much for all you're help.

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

Quote Originally Posted by c21guy View Post
    Has anyone had problems with a flickering/on and off headlight?

----------

Found some help in Search function. Several sound like my problem.
    Thanks
    i had the same problem i changed my bulbs not one flicker or bulb turning off in a year now i would also change the other bulbs while you have it apart dont pay dlr price for the bulbs you can find good bulbs for 150 per pair head lamps the other bulbs are maybe 10 bucks headlight bulbs are #d1s

fubar123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS

I changed both sides, no problem now. left one was flickering.

phigment is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Caddy View Post
    phigment your thread on headlight removal a while ago was great. I think you are bang on with the advice you gave c21guy, I think ballast. My parking bulb just went out. When you changed yours out, what size nut and bolt in lower cave, was it 10mm? Also can a normal depth socket go over the two bolts there? I have limited tools. Is the 2825 bulb the same as GM part #1999382? And one more question please, when you bump the bumper facia ahead 3-4 inches like you did, in no way could you unhook your parking assist sensors can you? Thanks so much for all you're help.
    I used a deep socket. A shallow socket might work but I wouldn't wager a lot of money on it. I got my bulbs at autozone. I don't know what GM's part number is. If I remember correctly, the parking assist sensor(s) wiring harness is connected to the main wiring harness by a single large connector. There is slack enough as long as you do not remove the bumper completely.

Tom's Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Thanks phigment. Mine is done and just a couple of hints if I may. I did not remove the wheels. You will have to do step #8 in phigments original post, the guy that said he skipped the nut in the upper cave could not have removed the lens from the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.