Just picked up my new (2006) DTS Luxury II, have some questions....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cadillac_Phx
  • 1 Post By Tom's Caddy
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Just picked up my new (2006) DTS Luxury II, have some questions.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Front Ext.JPG side ext.JPG rear ext.JPG interior.JPG So I had a 1994 Concours and I loved it when I was ...
    Cadillac_Phx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Concours (SOLD) / 2006 DTS Lux II

Unhappy Just picked up my new (2006) DTS Luxury II, have some questions....

Front Ext.JPGside ext.JPGrear ext.JPGinterior.JPGSo I had a 1994 Concours and I loved it when I was a teen but after 4 years with a car that road like a lumber wagon as stated by my local Cadillac only mechanic even after I spent 3K in replacing the suspension with all original AcDelco parts it still felt like shit with new tires too! I sold it!!!!! That car did cost me a lot of $$$ in repairs. Thought I'd never look back at a Caddy since I've had an Infinity, Audi, & Lexus which all proved more reliable and better in quality but when a drunk driver hit me and totaled my car 3 weeks ago I was on the hunt for a new car.

I've always been interested in the latest DTS style and found a deal I couldn't refuse. I've had it for a week & I know GM doesn't do Luxury quite like benz, bmw, audi, etc... but is the shifter (floor shifter) supposed to feel like a plastic toy when you move it? Also I find my self dropping into the seat every time I get in. I'm 6'0 tall by the way, here are some pics but I had to make them smaller because this website can't handle larger pics =( It did come with the 22" rims and the ride isn't soft and floaty but still feels smoother than most other cars. No complains with the suspension.

----------

Gomaz likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Re: Just picked up my new (2006) DTS Luxury II, have some questions....

Use you're seat controls to lift the seat to a high spot for you getting in the car, then reset to you're driving style when in. These seats will let a 4' person drive high enough, I'm sure it can bring you up to comfort. I drive 10 hours from Canada to New York city every year and the comfort of the seat and ride of the DTS is the BEST.
    Gomaz likes this.

Yes when in the seat its comfortable but getting in I feel like im falling into it. My '94 Deville Concours had memory seats too but I just don't know how to program them on this new DTS. I imagine you just hold the button, but when I lock/unlock the car or open the door the seat moves. I guess I just have to play with it some more

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

Set your radio, exterior mirrors, radio, a/c or heat & seat to your liking & if you have the # 1 remote & you are the #1 driver, press & hold the # 1 button on the drivers door untill it goes beep beep. If you have a #2 driver, do the same with the #2 button. If # 1 remote operates #2 settings & vice versa, somebody mixed up the back covers on the remotes while changing batteries.
    Norm

Does anyone know why the shifter is so loose? Feels like a toy when I move it, I expected it to feel heavier & stiffer when moving it. Maybe it's loose????

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac_Phx View Post
    Does anyone know why the shifter is so loose? Feels like a toy when I move it, I expected it to feel heavier & stiffer when moving it. Maybe it's loose????
    I would guess that it is loose... Mine is very tight, firm and solid when moving it.
    It has a very noticeable DETENT when moving from one gear to the other.
    It kinda sorta "SNAPS" into the different gear positions..

Thanks Superjim I'll be taking it to my Local Caddy experts (The Cadi Shop) after work. Want them to give it a good look over.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac_Phx View Post
    Thanks Superjim I'll be taking it to my Local Caddy experts (The Cadi Shop) after work. Want them to give it a good look over.
    Hello Cadillac_Phx,

I see the community has offered their advice on your situation regarding your shifter feeling loose. I also see that you were taking your vehicle into the dealership. Please keep us posted on the outcome of your dealer visit. I can be reached via private message to further discuss any concerns or additional questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Congratulations! Welcome to our DTS Forum. The gear shifter must be loose. I have a column shifter. I test drove other DTS's with floor/column shifters and I did not drive any with loose shifters. I'm glad that you are getting it ck'd by an authorized Caddy dealer.

Actually I'm not take it to an authorized dealer, I'm taking it to two guys who used to work at a dealership and now they went into business for themselves and only work on Cadillacs exclusively. They're very good there's no probably they can't fix because they already know these cars very well.
    The truth is I don't trust dealerships, once your warranty is up they start fiddling with your vehicle's just so that you will bring it back, I know this because after I took my concours to a dealer my ABS light came on and when my cousin who is a mechanic checked it he said that the harness was loose behind the wheel.
    He also worked at a dealership and he says that the guys are lazy and just change the date on your oil filter and when they don't feel like struggling to change those spark plugs in the back they only change the fronts!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.