Fog light question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Fog light question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Have been meaning to ask: ever since I picked up my 2008 Lux 3 a few months ago, I noticed ...
    RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Fog light question

Have been meaning to ask: ever since I picked up my 2008 Lux 3 a few months ago, I noticed that neither fog lamp turns on. The switch (push in) activates the icon on the dash, but no joy with the actual fogs. I can't even tell if there are bulbs behind the bezels, which are not cracked or have any apparent damage. My question is, do I actually HAVE fog lamp bulbs in there? is there a dedicated fuse for them that can be out? (Everything else is working, including the cornering lamps). Perhaps a wiring issue? My previous Deville DTS had fog lights that were straight forward and independent of the headlights. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Leo George Jr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Raven Black - 05 CTS-V Raven Black

Re: Fog light question

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    Have been meaning to ask: ever since I picked up my 2008 Lux 3 a few months ago, I noticed that neither fog lamp turns on. The switch (push in) activates the icon on the dash, but no joy with the actual fogs. I can't even tell if there are bulbs behind the bezels, which are not cracked or have any apparent damage. My question is, do I actually HAVE fog lamp bulbs in there? is there a dedicated fuse for them that can be out? (Everything else is working, including the cornering lamps). Perhaps a wiring issue? My previous Deville DTS had fog lights that were straight forward and independent of the headlights. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    I know they will not come on if the High Beams are on..........

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    If the fogs light are not working when you have it at low bean there 2 things that you have to check the fuse at the at the fuses box on the passanger side front the other one is that that same fuses box bolt there 3 of them get loose and it loose the connection of the harness.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

RicktheRealtor,

I am not sure if there is a difference in configuration between the US model of the 2008 DTS and the Canadian model. There should be a section in your owner's manual entitled "Electrical Systems" that has diagrams for the different fuse blocks on the vehicle. I do see on p. 5-98 and 5-99 in the US manual that there is a designated fuse for the fog lamps.

All the best,
    Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    RicktheRealtor,

I am not sure if there is a difference in configuration between the US model of the 2008 DTS and the Canadian model. There should be a section in your owner's manual entitled "Electrical Systems" that has diagrams for the different fuse blocks on the vehicle. I do see on p. 5-98 and 5-99 in the US manual that there is a designated fuse for the fog lamps.

All the best,
    Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks Sarah, I'll check into that.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.