Buying a 2007 Cadillac DTS today!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Buying a 2007 Cadillac DTS today! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all. I just wanted to say hello to the DTS forum members! Today I will be trading in my ...
    STSClint is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SB, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Buying a 2007 Cadillac DTS today!

Hello all. I just wanted to say hello to the DTS forum members! Today I will be trading in my 2002 Cadillac Seville Touring Sedan with 184,000 miles to buy a black 2007 Cadillac DTS (74,000 miles) with quite a few options! I am not new to the Cadillac Forums website but hope to seek your guidance somewhere down the line. Upon doing research, the DTS is quite a different car from the STS but has copious similarities to the Deville. I had a lot of problems with my Seville and am hoping to find that the DTS will be less troublesome. Some of the options on the '07 are: front and rear park assist, auto dimming high beams, rainsense, front heated and cooled seats with massaging function, rear heated seats with lumbar, rear sunshade, heated steering wheel, bose stereo, power steering wheel, and 17" chrome rims. It does not have a sunroof or the Northstar NHP (295hp). I was informed that the car was a specially ordered vehicle because they do not usually come in such an odd spec! My one question is would this car come equipped with the magnaride suspension system? How would I know? Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you very soon! Pictures up as soon as I bring it home!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Re: Buying a 2007 Cadillac DTS today!

Enjoy it you will Love the DTS.

Cadillacman916 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07dts perf. 04 dts,06 dts limo,11 dts, 13 escalade, 13 xts

Very nice! Sounds very similar to my 07. Unfortunately the magnaride was only available in the performance edition, which also includes the northstar nhp. Very nice system but firms up the ride quite a bit. Enjoy!

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Congrats on your new DTS.

I, too, just recently joined the DTS family...but have been on the forum for a while with my wife's 2006 SRX and my 1987 Brougham d'Elegance that I traded for my DTS.

Your DTS sounds just like mine...down to the color. I believe that your DTS is a Luxury III-spec DTS...not necessarily special order...just one of the trim levels. In my research (I researched for over 2 years before I finally bought one), I found that the Luxury III versions were equipped like yours/mine. What I found though was that most Luxury III spec'd DTSs were also ordered with a sunroof...but some weren't...and those are a bit less-common than the sunroof-equipped Luxury IIIs.

And as Cadillacman said, the magnaride was only on the Performance Edition. All non-Performance Edition DTSs came with the soft-ride suspension.

Welcome to the DTS chapter of your Cadillac-life!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.
    Cadillacman916 likes this.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

STSClint,

Sounds like you have a really nice Lux lll.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by STSClint View Post
    Hello all. I just wanted to say hello to the DTS forum members! Today I will be trading in my 2002 Cadillac Seville Touring Sedan with 184,000 miles to buy a black 2007 Cadillac DTS (74,000 miles) with quite a few options! I am not new to the Cadillac Forums website but hope to seek your guidance somewhere down the line. Upon doing research, the DTS is quite a different car from the STS but has copious similarities to the Deville. I had a lot of problems with my Seville and am hoping to find that the DTS will be less troublesome. Some of the options on the '07 are: front and rear park assist, auto dimming high beams, rainsense, front heated and cooled seats with massaging function, rear heated seats with lumbar, rear sunshade, heated steering wheel, bose stereo, power steering wheel, and 17" chrome rims. It does not have a sunroof or the Northstar NHP (295hp). I was informed that the car was a specially ordered vehicle because they do not usually come in such an odd spec! My one question is would this car come equipped with the magnaride suspension system? How would I know? Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you very soon! Pictures up as soon as I bring it home!
    Hello STSClint,

This must be an exciting time for you! I am sure you will love the DTS just like other forum members have stated. I look forward to seeing the pictures posted

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

reedmtn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Platinum

Greetings!....I also traded a STS in for my DTS. Love the DTS. They are keepers and what in my opinion, Cadillacs are all about. Very classy and smooth. Take care of it as these beauties are rare due to Cadillac not making the large luxury sedan ever again. Post pics and "enjoy the ride".!

Thank you all! Just finishing up the financial items and she'll be all mine! Are the DTS' reliable?

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by STSClint View Post
    Thank you all! Just finishing up the financial items and she'll be all mine! Are the DTS' reliable?
    130,000 on mine with very little trouble after the first few months... and all of that was under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by reedmtn View Post
    Greetings!....I also traded a STS in for my DTS. Love the DTS. They are keepers and what in my opinion, Cadillacs are all about. Very classy and smooth. Take care of it as these beauties are rare due to Cadillac not making the large luxury sedan ever again. Post pics and "enjoy the ride".!
    Hello reedmtn,

Happy to hear you are satisfied with trading your STS in for your DTS. The DTS is a true beauty and very accommodating for a Cadillac lover. Continue to enjoy

Laura M.

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Imo yes. Tank-like actually. The engine and tranny are bullet-proof pretty much. The only thing to watch for are nit picky things; trim stuff and the like. Try to get an extended warranty if you can although that won't pay for most trim pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by TopherS View Post
    Congrats on your new DTS.

I, too, just recently joined the DTS family...but have been on the forum for a while with my wife's 2006 SRX and my 1987 Brougham d'Elegance that I traded for my DTS.

Your DTS sounds just like mine...down to the color. I believe that your DTS is a Luxury III-spec DTS...not necessarily special order...just one of the trim levels. In my research (I researched for over 2 years before I finally bought one), I found that the Luxury III versions were equipped like yours/mine. What I found though was that most Luxury III spec'd DTSs were also ordered with a sunroof...but some weren't...and those are a bit less-common than the sunroof-equipped Luxury IIIs.

And as Cadillacman said, the magnaride was only on the Performance Edition. All non-Performance Edition DTSs came with the soft-ride suspension.

Welcome to the DTS chapter of your Cadillac-life!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.
    Hi TopherS,

Thanks for the warm welcome for our new community member. Glad to hear you are enjoying your DTS

Laura M.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by reedmtn View Post

reedmtn, congrats!! I hope you enjoy your new acquisition. Post pictures (interior & exterior) of your vehicle ASAP.

Well it was a bad day at the dealership today. They sold the car right out from under me because the guy paid in cash. Because the salesmen felt bad, he found a 2007 DTS with the Luxury 1 package for $9500... I suppose I could go without the luxuries. I still get ac seats and parking sensors. Less to go wrong in the end I suppose. Keeping my head up because it's still a DTS!

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Sorry for the bad beat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.