leaving the bank today and miss!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, leaving the bank today and miss!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Started my car and it was missing really bad. Service stability and service traction came on. It shifts into gear ...
    big greg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts

leaving the bank today and miss!!

Started my car and it was missing really bad. Service stability and service traction came on. It shifts into gear really hard and in and out of park. The motor light is flashing and after it cooled and I drove it again it went away until I shut it off/ restarted it. Kind of sounds like a tranny issue to me maybe? The place I got ot rebuilt is gonna scan it Monday. I'm kind of bummed ;(

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    Is not a trasmission problem. firts thing you have to do is to check for a code if you don't have a scanner take it to autozone they will check it for free. If the car was missing that will set a code for what wrong with it. it may be a bad coil that only cost around $90 intead of a tranny that is going to cost you over 3k. My car used to do that when the car ran to lean and it was all the bolt of the air intake loose. Good lk.

Well tranny was rebuilt so that's under warranty. Its just strange that it shifts so hard in reverse and upshifts

----------

And my intake bolts are tight I know that

Did the car stop missing. If it did and trans is still shifting hard take it to the shop. If is shifting is find then look for why the car was miss firing

The trans shifting hard is when the miss and service stability and traction control are on. It was fine when I went and got pizza earlier. So its something that heats up.

I Found trans computer goes into defaut mode when sense a problem like that .

Ah I see. We will figure it out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: leaving the bank today and miss!!

Quote Originally Posted by big greg View Post
    Started my car and it was missing really bad. Service stability and service traction came on. It shifts into gear really hard and in and out of park. The motor light is flashing and after it cooled and I drove it again it went away until I shut it off/ restarted it. Kind of sounds like a tranny issue to me maybe? The place I got ot rebuilt is gonna scan it Monday. I'm kind of bummed ;(
    Hello big greg,

I apologize that your DTS is shifting into gear very hard in and out of park. I’m happy to hear that the part will be under warranty from the place that rebuilt the transmission. Please keep us updated on the situation on Monday after you have it in to get looked at. Thank you very much for your time and we will be looking for your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Today the samething happen to me no masseger no light stared the car put it on drive it bag into gear. Turn it off waited couple of minute with the driver side door open and the car went back to normal. Now the only thing different that I did was I stop turn the car off but left the ignition switch open on acc. I have profecional grade scanner it did not register nothing wrong with the car. I been having that issued for the last 4years. The dealers that I went could not find nothing wrong with the car.

Installed a new coil on cylinder six today and problem still persists. Gonna change # six injector and go from there

One time I had a miss fire on one I change the coil change the spark plug and the injector. No change when I found the problem was a wire damage from ecm to coil plug. Do you remenber the code that you got.

P0206 injector 6 circuit. Problem is I can't see any wire damage. I will pull the PCM out. And check everything.

Well I see no problem with any wires. Maybe bad PCM??

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: leaving the bank today and miss!!

Quote Originally Posted by big greg View Post
    Well I see no problem with any wires. Maybe bad PCM??
    Possible... but not very likely...
    Have you checked continuity on the wires???

Engine Control Module (ECM) checks the injectors circuit resistance and monitors the voltage drop during normal operation.
    The ECM will trigger the P0206 code when the resistance or voltage drop at the injector 6 is out of specifications.

Possible causes...
    Faulty fuel injector 6
    Fuel Injector 6 harness is open or shorted
    Fuel injector 6 circuit poor electrical connection

Big greg the answer that jim gave is the best one. Most likekly you may have a bad injector.

Ps... Jim you are one of the best in this forum.
    Superjim likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.