Chrysler May Sue GM - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Chrysler May Sue GM in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy Wow im sure am drawing alot of flack on this one .... I just dont think ...
    youbetcha77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood RWD, 99 Deville

Re: Chrysler May Sue GM

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    Wow im sure am drawing alot of flack on this one ....

I just dont think you all are willing to accept that styleing cues are very similar among boath cars ....But yet a monte carlo looks more like the DTS ???? you really have to strech it to see that ...But it looks nothing like a chrysler ....sounds like brand blindess to me ..

Ive said it three times now , it probably wasnt intentional ..

But im really paying for the joke in the first post arent i ?but hey Bob Lutz was around when boath cars were done .....and he brings people with him whever he get hired ....HMMMMM maybe it is possible ?

OK fine , so it looks nothing like a chrysler at all to you all , since you all say it looks like a monte ...Then lets say "why does a cadillac have to look like anything but a cadillac"...It shows they did a piss poor job redoing the car ...

Oh but ive said another thing against cadillac ....lemme have it again ...because cadillac never does anything wrong ....(cough) cimmaron (cough)
    (cough) Catera (cough)

Blaze

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

(cough) V-8-6-4 (cough)

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Quote Originally Posted by youbetcha77
    Uh---I have one, a 90. They are good cars too. Actually the leather in my chrysler has held up a whole heck of a lot better than the Cadillac'd I have owned. OOppppss, did I say that? I think the styling is a honest mistake. I dont think Chrysler would win in court. I mean there is only so many ways you can make them look beofre you start repeating stuff from the past. Look at the Mustang. I think it looks too much like a Monte Carlo.

Blaze
    Of course the leather held up better, Ricardo Montalban endorsed it.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Heh, sorry I KNEW someone would have one I should have been more respectful to the car. Honestly though the last generation of the K New Yorker/5th Avenue was the car that started my poor image of some domestics products. My dad was going to buy one at the local dodge dealer as a relatively new used car and we went out on a test drive and got all excited about it, and then there was a terrible clunking from the trans. That charade ended right there despite me trying to convince my dad to get it (keep in mind I was like 9 or 10) and it resulted in him ending up getting a frieken new NEON instead. I have resented that car ever since... course the Reliant didnt help

I think those cars had their hayday back when the real Imperial was around, I know Sandy talks about that car like it was the best luxo cruiser ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    I think the 5th Ave was a poor competition car for Lincoln and Cadillac both. The taillamps are a dead giveaway that Cadillac styling was taken for the car, also with the headlamp covers and the grille, which was purely a Lincoln design. My theory was Chrysler was just trying to snag some customers from Lincoln and Cadillac and crashed and burned in the process. I even have some friends that'll point at a 5th and say "Look a Caddy! Which one is that?" The real story here is Cadillac is more recognizable for having that rear end design than Chrysler is and if it comes down to a court situation that will come into play. Cadillac has had vertical taillamps and bumper mounted lisence plates since the early 70's It was then that they made the move to the trunk. The 5th Ave reared it's posin' ugly head in the 80's when Cadillac's cars were starting to get smaller and the taillamps shrunk in height. The 5th Ave is such a sad excuse for a luxury vehicle that I don't even think it should be discussed here. And that's how I sees it.
    Chrysler ,when designing the 88-91 New Yorkers took a 1977 New yorker and looked at it and tried to come up with a design. Thats where the taillights came from and the headlamp doors.

Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Heh, sorry I KNEW someone would have one I should have been more respectful to the car. Honestly though the last generation of the K New Yorker/5th Avenue was the car that started my poor image of some domestics products. My dad was going to buy one at the local dodge dealer as a relatively new used car and we went out on a test drive and got all excited about it, and then there was a terrible clunking from the trans. That charade ended right there despite me trying to convince my dad to get it (keep in mind I was like 9 or 10) and it resulted in him ending up getting a frieken new NEON instead. I have resented that car ever since... course the Reliant didnt help

I think those cars had their hayday back when the real Imperial was around, I know Sandy talks about that car like it was the best luxo cruiser ever.
    I had a 92 Imperial also. Both the Imperial I had and the Fifth Avenue I have now have more leg room than any car I have ever seen in the back seat. I can sit indian-style in the back floor-board and I am a big person. The transmissions were junk. Finally they made a fluid that works good in them and gets rid of the problems. The engines, if its the Chrysler 3.3 or 3.8, are very reliable.

Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDevilleRob
    (cough) V-8-6-4 (cough)
    That aint no kidding. I had one of them and it always messed up when you wanted to pass someone. It would stay in four cylinder mode and then when you tried to pass all it would do is make more noise.

Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDevilleRob
    Of course the leather held up better, Ricardo Montalban endorsed it.
    Someone needs to endorse Cadillac's then. LOL

Blaze

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

acutally chrysler had vertical tailamps on the "forward look" '55-'56 cars.... cadillac had a hump with the lamp perched ontop at the time , the beginning of the tailfin..albiet the cadillac was a much beatter looking car than the forward look chrysler ...and if you really wanna strech your imagination i think the vert taillamp could be traced to kaiser or even hudson

But kaiser or chrysler would be first for vertical tailight in a tailfin , no matter how ugly those cars are

But give credit where its due folks.....Cadillac made the beatter and nicer looking car ....

You would be surpirsed at what chrysler came up with first when it comes to luxo cars ...check out imperials sometime (no not that 90-s peice of crap)

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Stoneage Caddy is right about the back it doesn't matter what anyone says. But I also agree that it looks like a Monte Carlo. That's one of the first things I thought when I saw the post about them yesterday. I still don't like them especially with that ugly front end.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Is this what happens to Stoney since he has to mmuch time on his because he can not watch his Stanely Cup Champions Tampa Bay Lightening
    Please forgiven him for write a thread like this.
    Be happy he is just using hands for type ,and not other things!

kmhebert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The 5th Ave is such a sad excuse for a luxury vehicle that I don't even think it should be discussed here. And that's how I sees it.
    Heh, I drove an '88 5th Ave for a couple years, it was fun to drive but there is no comparison to driving a Cadillac. It had some nice features -- decent leather seats, power everything, um... a compass? And no one ever mistook it for a Cadillac, at least not the one I was driving.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

I think the 5th Ave was a poor competition car for Lincoln and Cadillac both. The taillamps are a dead giveaway that Cadillac styling was taken for the car, also with the headlamp covers and the grille, which was purely a Lincoln design. My theory was Chrysler was just trying to snag some customers from Lincoln and Cadillac and crashed and burned in the process. I even have some friends that'll point at a 5th and say "Look a Caddy! Which one is that?" The real story here is Cadillac is more recognizable for having that rear end design than Chrysler is and if it comes down to a court situation that will come into play. Cadillac has had vertical taillamps and bumper mounted lisence plates since the early 70's It was then that they made the move to the trunk. The 5th Ave reared it's posin' ugly head in the 80's when Cadillac's cars were starting to get smaller and the taillamps shrunk in height. The 5th Ave is such a sad excuse for a luxury vehicle that I don't even think it should be discussed here. And that's how I sees it.
    5th Avenues have been around longer then that. They started in the 70s after Chrysler stopped making the Imperial. The front wheel drive ones are just the same as a K car New Yorker. The rear wheel drive ones are more of a match for Cadillac. They had parts that were actually reliable, their carpet and seats make Cadillac ones look like a joke and they were the cars that started that classy roof look that Cadillac copied to begin with. 5th Avenue had the comfiest seats out of every car made. One shares the driveway with my Brougham D'Elegance

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I gotta say, Gothicaleigh, I really enjoy your posts. You are right, as well. Chrysler was indeed after a Cadillac look at the time. Even the roofline of those "K-cars-in-drag" was lifted from the '76 Seville.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

hidden Headlamps come out first on the Cord ...then they arrived on the 42 Desoto ,63 vette ,Mid 60s Riv .....and so on

The overall design for the Chrysler 5th ,Lebaron, and imperial noses of the late 80s and early 90s was a throwback to the early 80s Imperial which some say is a throwback to the desoto ....i for one am not sure as the desoto wasnt eaxctly as highline as a chrysler

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.