2006 D T S Images - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 D T S Images in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Most people havent even seen this car in person and they are bashing it on how it looks,if ur a ...
    Cadillacfanatic is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2006 D T S Images

Most people havent even seen this car in person and they are bashing it on how it looks,if ur a real Cadillac fan like myself you will step away from the computer and go check one out up close in person,I did and I love it,most of the exterior is carryed over from the 2000-2005 model,I have an 05 DTS so i know what im talking about,if you put the cars side by side in the same color,they look almost alike.The car handles beautifully and the appearence will turn some heads,instead of bashing its looks go test drive it and have fun with it,i did.laterz!

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I saw it in person at the NY Auto Show. It's an awesome looking car! If it was ugly, I'd say so, but it's not! Now the new STS, ehhhh.... not so hot looking. I'll keep my 2000 STS.

Cadillacfanatic is offline Cadillac Owners Member

NOTE:Everyone is questioning and comparing the new DTS to the new Lucerne from Buick,If anyone does their daily automotive research like I do,they would have read that the new full-size Lucerne and the new DTS sedans are cousins,they are designed and built on the same chassis,and both have the same northstar V-8 engines so you do the math,The DTS comes available with more features than the Lucern,and the Lucerne is like an entry level version of the DTS.A real car enthusiast gets the info and checks this stuff out,not sits in front of his computer and look at the pictures all day (no offense)

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

iu think they should go back to their roots, and reinstate a fleetwood model.

What the **** ever happened to button tufted seats, and not leatehr you had to ebat it with a hammer...I wnat 2 tone, button tufted seats, a car with a domanding presence, some nice chrome tailfins and a standup hood ornament. Everything is too damn refined, luxury lost its place now. You need seats you sink into, not seats that just support you. You need pillowly luxury and a wheel you can turn with 1 finger. Soemtiems i miss my black pearl 87' fleetwood brougham....Put that next to a new Caddy and youll see what class is really about.

Im kind of sick of this new stuff

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo47
    iu think they should go back to their roots, and reinstate a fleetwood model.

What the **** ever happened to button tufted seats, and not leatehr you had to ebat it with a hammer...I wnat 2 tone, button tufted seats, a car with a domanding presence, some nice chrome tailfins and a standup hood ornament. Everything is too damn refined, luxury lost its place now. You need seats you sink into, not seats that just support you. You need pillowly luxury and a wheel you can turn with 1 finger. Soemtiems i miss my black pearl 87' fleetwood brougham....Put that next to a new Caddy and youll see what class is really about.

Im kind of sick of this new stuff

Uh, that's because the definition of luxury has changed over the years, meaning ugly (IMHO) button tufted seats and chrome tailfins (actually nice) were nice ages ago, but have gone completely out of style and out of taste years ago. Years ago, a Caddy that was 20ft. long, weighed as much as a dump truck, got 8mpg, and had heavy chrome everywhere was a status symbol....not so today. Tastes have changed, styles have changed, and people have changed. Now you can have luxury (buttery leather, massaging seats, high end audio, etc.) AND handling AND power AND style, etc.--and that's what people want.

You need pillowly luxury and a wheel you can turn with 1 finger.
    Hmm....again, while the pillowly luxury can still be had, I don't think it needs to go as far as cars being as floaty, bloated, and loose as something like a Fleetwood made its name on ever again....and I drive one!

RWD? Abso-positive-freakin-lutely!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I would prefer a more chiseled C-pillar. The rest is exquisite.

NTIMD8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I really like what they did with the new DTS.

MACTICULOUS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD

I saw a DTS in the Caddy showroom of the dealer I go to for major work the other day. Both my father and I agreed that it's a gorgeous car. It's really good that they put some chrome on it again. They put it as an accent at the base of the headlights and in the molding running down the side. I do agree that the back does look like the XLR though. Then again, it is the new style that they're changing over to. Soon I'll be throwing a link up that will have a ton of pics of my 99 SLS for all of you to see.
    -Mac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.