2006 D T S Images - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 D T S Images in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by turbojimmy I like it. It's A LOT less old-fartish. Now where was that $60k I had laying ...
    Incendiary is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2006 D T S Images

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy
    I like it. It's A LOT less old-fartish. Now where was that $60k I had laying around......

Jim
    Check under your mattress.

Obiwan72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The 2006 DTS exterior looks a bit like a supersized Chevy Monte Carlo, with elements from the Opel (!!! !!!) Vectra. To make it short - the exterior is really, really ugly and not Cadillac like at all.

The interior design on the other hand is great.

Dear Cadillac folks - you've lost the battle in Europe already before it started.
    But as we know you, you're not going to dare to pollute the European car market with your ugly pseudo-luxo DTS anyway.

You could top this only by putting a Cadillac batch on a Hummer H1.

By the way: In regards of exterior design - why don't you ask Lincoln to give you a training session on style and elegance?

A really disappointed Cadillac fan from Europe.

wcmcgahee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What will Cadillac call their models replacing the base Deville and DHS? Guess they will keep more than one level of style as before when the DTS was the upgraded sport model, and DHS the upgraded luxury model.
    Anybody know?

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Like the STS, the DTS is going to have several different models. But they'll all be called DTS. Somebody correct if me I'm wrong...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan72

By the way: In regards of exterior design - why don't you ask Lincoln to give you a training session on style and elegance?
    Yeah, cause those Lincolns are just flying off the showroom floors....

ben72227 is offline Banned

I just hope Cadillac knows what they're doing. I mean, the Deville is THE only classic cadillac that we have left. If you eliminate it, what are the old people going to drive? All of this alphanumeric naming systems and radical new "art & science" designs are nice, but i just hope cadillac doesn't forget thier roots and they don't forget who the majority of NEW cadillac buyers are (i.e. men over the age of 60) who are buying a cadillac BECAUSE its not like the other brands. I mean, whatever happened to AMERICAN LUXARY? its hard to be the "standard of the world" when you're chasing after lexus and BMW...

EDIT: You can tell Lutz your comments at his website:

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

He just put up an article on the new DTS and he likes comments, good or bad, about the new GM cars.

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

the base needs a hood ornament!
    other than that Im in the minority that thinks it looks awesome in and out. It reminds me of a Cien and Sixteen mixed together in the front. It might be like ice cream and pizza, but I like it. The back is kinda 300ish. And the interior looks 9999999x better than that buick, even though its pretty much the same thing. But its a Cadillac, which means beefed up interior and real wood compared to buicks. The DTS looks more like the bling caddy and the STS is the european eater.
    BUT
    what is with the downgrade in power? what is this the 70s?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

What? Now sales figures dictate good styling and elegance? I think not. High-volume sales is USUALLY the exact opposite of a high-end luxury car, isn't it?

krypt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The old Seville and Aurora were on the K platform

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    The front looks like a widened STS/CTS/SRX, and the rear looks like a Chevy Monte Carlo. The interior looks similar to the Buick but better IMO. What a shame, the DTS was the one Cadillac that had a nice interior.
    As if the 05 STS doesn't have a nice interior?

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wcmcgahee
    What will Cadillac call their models replacing the base Deville and DHS? Guess they will keep more than one level of style as before when the DTS was the upgraded sport model, and DHS the upgraded luxury model.
    Anybody know?
    They should make a Sigma-based luxury model with a Northstar V-12 with styling the the 2003 Sixteen concept.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

It looks ok, but every time I see the rear end of the car, all I can think of is the newer style V6 Monte Carlo. It has that same square, box looking rear end sort of. Found a picture of an SS. Subtract the spoiler,a dn change the tail lights, and it looks really similar I think.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by berkin
    As if the 05 STS doesn't have a nice interior?
    I like the new STS interior quite a bit too (except the doors, which strike me as being out of place for some reason). The XLR interior is absolutely beautiful also. Pictures don't do it justice and it needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by berkin
    They should make a Sigma-based luxury model with a Northstar V-12 with styling the the 2003 Sixteen concept.
    They are. An Ultra Luxury Sedan (ULS) is on Cadillac's 'to do' board.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFan2004
    Yeah, cause those Lincolns are just flying off the showroom floors....
    You beat me to it! If it weren't for the geriatrics buying Grand Marquis and Town Cars, that company would be in even worse trouble than it's already in!

In answer to the other question about trim levels, there will be several available, just like in the STS and CTS. 1SA will be your "base" model, 1SB "luxury" will be the equivalent of the 05 DHS, and 1SC "performance" will be equivalent to the 05 DTS (extra HP, firmer suspension, larger wheels/tires, etc..)

And just so you know, there WILL be an optional "bench" seat configuration (not a true bench, but a 40/20/40 split like the outgoing Deville) , just in case any of the oldies can't handle the center shift.

cadi197 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I really hope to use their brains and change that rear end before production. This suppose to be a Cadillac, not a Monte Carlo wannabe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.