2006 Deville Article and Pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 Deville Article and Pics in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8103 I think it looks pretty good! They are just trying to make it look more like the STS/Cts it ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2006 Deville Article and Pics

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8103

I think it looks pretty good! They are just trying to make it look more like the STS/Cts it seems? Seems a little more square.

What's going on with hp?? Now the DTS is back up to 300 hp?! Why did they lower it for '05, because if it was to meet emissions, why is it up again for '06?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

Re: 2006 Deville Article and Pics

The DTS fits the new lineup pretty well, but I'm not too impressed with it right now. It does look a sight better than the presidential limo that was being paraded around however.

ben72227 is offline Banned

i like it except for that wierd 4 horizontal bars under the grill at the bottom. Other than that, it looks nice. I just hope Cadillac doesn't make it too radical looking (more like the STS i mean) since afterall, the Deville is the last Cadillac Car with a ....REAL NAME! they better not start calling it the DTS like they did with the seville/STS.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    ..REAL NAME! they better not start calling it the DTS like they did with the seville/STS.
    It's funny that I call the base Deville the "Deville." But if I want to imply it's the high power/sport version I call it the "DTS." I guess I've fallen trap to the European way of thinking for this car.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

I dunno ...I miss the 00-05 DTS/Deville/DHS already .......I really liked that car ....now i see this thing with an XLR nose and a ...well you all know what i think of the tail ....

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Post Re: 2006 Deville Article and Pics

I think it's cleaner and better looking than the Deville it replaces.

Thanks for the link Ralph.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Ok... I am warming up to the front end, not because I dont like it, but because Im seeing waaaay to much STS in it, I do like it overall BETTER than the previous sort of frumpy front end though, in other words there is a very keen balance to the lighting grille and bumper (though the old one still looked very good). And heres the cool thing, I will need to find confirmation of this, but Im willing to bet those projector headlamps mean Xenon lights finally come to the DTS!

The interior is WORLDS better than the interior it replaces. Instead of having some of those areas where it seemed like the wood was kind of fake where it "molded" into the sides of the dash, this one has a nice straight dash with beautiful wood, a TERRIFIC navigation system and center stack and great look overall. It definitely seems like a more user friendly interior.

The fact that they threw in the Adaptive Cruise Control is a PLEASANT SURPRISE! Go Cadillac on this one, I think ALOT of DTS Buyers will be highly appreciative of the fact that Caddy is recognizing them as tech savvy. Combine that with the ventilated seats (which by the way the Toyota Avalon even has now, so its no longer a luxury car feature only), advanced navigation system and the trick gauge cluster with a genuine analog clock tossed in for good measure, and youve got a great feature package that rivals the STS....

Ahh but there-in lies the problem ladies and gentlemen... If you noticed, Cadillac's own exec seemed to have an attitude of "wed rather not deal with peoples bitching if we kill it, so here you go, we redesigned it to squeeze some more life out of it, so shut up" but it seems pretty obvious that NOW in its current state, keeping it around any longer than they need to is probably not what they want. Why? Because if you notice, with ALL theyve done to it, it has basically turned into a front wheel drive STS (with suspension and ride tweaks to boot). This might seem cool, but its really going to cause alot of unwanted confusion and in my opinion, wont help sales of the STS much on domestic Soil, which appears to be the only place the DTS is going to be sold anyway, as in the reviewers own words, there isnt a real market for this car overseas.

The only thing I DONT Like too much is the new tail-light scheme. For some reason that tail end REALLY reminds me of the Monte Carlo coupe. Other than that I think its pretty much a hit.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

*Vomits* *wipes mouth* *vomits again*

If this is the general trend, I'll never buy a new cadillac in my life.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Nice! Brings the Deville into the present. I like it, and I think it will age well.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Except for the front and rear, it looks like the current Deville! When are they planning to go RWD? I wonder what chassis they will use for that?

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Keep in mind that there may not BE another Deville after this one. Some of the comments in that article really lead me to believe that this car does not line up with their international marketing strategy, despite the fact that its a best seller. If there IS another Deville, it will most certainly go straight to the DTS nameplate, and it will be an entirely different sedan altogether which will probably (Ian Speculation here) ride on the NEXT generation CTS platform or a heavily modified Sigma platform.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

I don't like the grille.

But I do like the headlights and dashboard change. Also, Cadillac taillights are supposed to be SLIM and VERTICAL. That's much better thank you.

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Cadillac.com has a site up for the 06 DTS. The top horsepower is listed as 291. What's that all about?

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

I'm sorry but I don't agree with anything Cadillac is doing anymore. I for one love to think of them as being big and boxy. I don't support them trashing their history and revamping the entire line-up. I also hate all the new cars' names and they way they look. Sorry but I'm a traditionalist and I really don't care what Europe is doing with cars, I always loved the look and presence that a real american car gave off. If I was in the market for a new luxury sedan, I'd walk my ass right over to Lincoln and pick up a Town Car.

slk230mb is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

I like the look, although I think the rear license plate would look better on the trunk than the bumper.
    ~Steve

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.