2006 Deville Article and Pics - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 Deville Article and Pics in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i think in the future EVERYTHING will be AWD....
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2006 Deville Article and Pics

i think in the future EVERYTHING will be AWD.

BigDave02DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think the 2006 Cadillac Deville is a Gorgeous Car!! I currently own a 2002 DTS (Sterling Silver) that I purchased this past August, and I absolutely Love it. I have owned several luxury automobiles in the past, but this is my first Cadillac. My wife and I also own an E-320 that she drives. She thinks the DTS is too big for her to drive, which makes me quite happy. I also own an SUV, but I think I have driven it maybe 6 times since August. I first got a glimpse of the '06 Deville on Inauguration Day along the parade route. It's a beautiful car and I'm glad it stayed FWD. The front end/grille brings along another level of class to this already impressive vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave02DTS
    I think the 2006 Cadillac Deville is a Gorgeous Car!! I currently own a 2002 DTS (Sterling Silver) that I purchased this past August, and I absolutely Love it. I have owned several luxury automobiles in the past, but this is my first Cadillac. My wife and I also own an E-320 that she drives. She thinks the DTS is too big for her to drive, which makes me quite happy. I also own an SUV, but I think I have driven it maybe 6 times since August. I first got a glimpse of the '06 Deville on Inauguration Day along the parade route. It's a beautiful car and I'm glad it stayed FWD. The front end/grille brings along another level of class to this already impressive vehicle.
    and congrats on your DTS! My Dad has an '03 DTS but hardly ever drives it! There was a lot of controversy here over the styling of Bush's Deville and many people were negative about the big toothy grille and strange square rear, but many seemed to have come around now that there are more pics of it out there.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I don't like the new car much, especially the front end. What an odd description "more taut, more agile and more alert".
    The dash layout is not bad but the door panels are just plain BORING! They look like something's missing.
    As for it looking too much like a STS, hell, all the new Caddy's look alike to me. This will just be another clone. I just don't see why they want all their cars to look the same. Don't like the trend.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    i think in the future EVERYTHING will be AWD.
    Doesn't all wheel drive use more gas?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    Doesn't all wheel drive use more gas?
    Don't some cars use computer controlled AWD sysyem that only activates all 4 wheels when it's icy or? Otherwise I think "smarter" vehicles use a system where if it's permenant AWD, only the rear wheels are activated unless conditions call for it?

The extra weight of another axle with gearing might take some fuel but I'm betting that's a trade-off people will accept for the extra traction.

walpurgisnacht is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My god my god my god! From the rear, its a 1989 Chrysler New Yorker.

Oh the horrors! ......

-J

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

Unhappy Re: 2006 Deville Article and Pics

Yuck.

Well, this nails it for me.

I will keep my 02 DTS a while longer and start thinking STS-V next year.

ReagansRollsRoyce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Ugh, it does look like a 1989 Chrysler New Yorker.

I think the new Cadillacs are hideous. Cadillac used to be the American Rolls Royce. Now it tries to be the American Volkswagon Passat.

I would never buy one today. If at all possible, I will get a new engine for my Brougham if the Olds 307's last day finally comes. Given that it only has 77K, it should be quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ReagansRollsRoyce
    Ugh, it does look like a 1989 Chrysler New Yorker.

I think the new Cadillacs are hideous. Cadillac used to be the American Rolls Royce. Now it tries to be the American Volkswagon Passat.

I would never buy one today. If at all possible, I will get a new engine for my Brougham if the Olds 307's last day finally comes. Given that it only has 77K, it should be quite a while.
    LOL! they are growing on me. A lot of cars today are square shaped again, except Lexus which seem to go the opposite route on some. My 1991 Grand Marquis would be right in style again today!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Its not so bad. The New Yorker as you can see was cleanly styled and well proportioned.

OK, even my new '06 Deville (pre) brochure does not list the final HP! What is it?? 291??

Caddymania is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I stopped by the dealer last weekend and they had one 2006 DTS on display (without a sticker price). I was expecting not to like it from the pictures I have seen. But I was pleasantly surprised. It is actually much better looking in person. I liked the addition of chrome accents on the sides and the new front end. The back is better than I expected, but still reminds me a little of a boxy Chrysler. Bottom-line - I would buy this car when it's time to replace my 2004 DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddymania
    I stopped by the dealer last weekend and they had one 2006 DTS on display (without a sticker price). I was expecting not to like it from the pictures I have seen. But I was pleasantly surprised. It is actually much better looking in person. I liked the addition of chrome accents on the sides and the new front end. The back is better than I expected, but still reminds me a little of a boxy Chrysler. Bottom-line - I would buy this car when it's time to replace my 2004 DTS.
    That's good to know!! And welcome aboard CM!

I have yet to see one in person, but they look good, I just can't decide if I like it better than the last Deville.

Merl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 deville/ 99 deville

Yeah its starting to grow on me. I didnt like it at first, but after a while you see its not exactlly like the other two caddys. Sure it may have the stacked headlamps, but it has its own personality, and holds itself well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.