2006 Deville Article and Pics - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 Deville Article and Pics in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by DopeStar 156 I'm sorry but I don't agree with anything Cadillac is doing anymore. I for one ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Re: 2006 Deville Article and Pics

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with anything Cadillac is doing anymore. I for one love to think of them as being big and boxy. I don't support them trashing their history and revamping the entire line-up. I also hate all the new cars' names and they way they look. Sorry but I'm a traditionalist and I really don't care what Europe is doing with cars, I always loved the look and presence that a real american car gave off. If I was in the market for a new luxury sedan, I'd walk my ass right over to Lincoln and pick up a Town Car.
    I empathize with you on this to an extent. We now have so many different images of Cadillac, that they could almost all be their own separate company. So far we have the Classic Cadillac so many remember fondly... i.e. Fleetwood, Coupe and Sedan Deville, Eldorado, and classic Seville. On the other side of the ring, a total almost 180* shift, you have this total other direction COMPLETELY... CTS, SRX, STS, XLR. Cars which share little if nothing with their big boaty predecessors (In fact, the Escalade, which if you notice retains a full nameplate, actually shares MORE with the Classic Cadillac's than any of the other models period), and are more European in spirit than anything else. STILL on yet another completely separate axis, youve got these two oddballs that are kind of the bridge between the old and new, but essentially a smoothed over Aurora platform in the 98-04 Seville and 2000- current Deville/DTS (the 92-97 Seville and 92-01 Eldorado are closest to these).

The problem is, what do you do as a car company when all of your customers are slowly either A. Dying off, or B. going overseas to get their cars? While we would love to imagine a world in which the Executives are as in love with the cars as we are, thats just not the case, its a profit driven industry, and a tough one at that. Cadillac made the move to the Art and Science theme and so far they are making big bucks on it. Yes, the argument can be made that we will see how long it lasts, but so far unless reliability and quality problems scare people away, the new Cadillac seems to be hitting all of its targets. It doesnt mean you cant still buy a low mileage example of the Classics if thats your thing.

kmhebert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm sorry but I don't agree with anything Cadillac is doing anymore. I for one love to think of them as being big and boxy. I don't support them trashing their history and revamping the entire line-up.
    I love the new Cadillacs, but I also feel that they should have at least one model that has that classic Cadillac sedan look. Big and boxy, with lots of room inside. I would love to see something like Art & Science Meets Fleetwood Brougham in particular.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I hate how everyone says old people are dying off. There will ALWAYS BE OLD PEOPLE. I will be old someday. You will be old someday if you're not already. There will be MORE old people today than yesterday.

Anyway about the car... I think it's OK. At least it's still big and roomy. I'd still like to see the Fleetwood back as a non art&sci themed vehicle staying true to its roots being bigger and IMO better than a town car.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

I like it.

The article says there's even more interior an trunk space than the model it's replacing, but it looks to me like the only differences are the nose and tail. Everything in between looks like it's the same (interior is different, but that doesn't require more space). It actually looks smaller inside in the pics, but I know it's not.

Jim

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I emailed the pics of it to my parents yesterday and they said they both like their '03 DTS better. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDevilleRob
    Cadillac.com has a site up for the 06 DTS. The top horsepower is listed as 291. What's that all about?
    Are we ever going to know the true hp on this thing??!!

fl_799 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

They are just wringing 2-3 more yearsfrom the current platform. Looks to me like they took a step back to the 90's style with the front and especially the vertical rear end face lifts.

Has anyone else noticed the analogue clock at the top-center of the dash. Very much like the Town Car except square in shape, and I like analogue over digital.

99GravyTrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Personally they need a Deville Convertable.

Comments on the car, the only i dislike is the side mirrors.

upstate is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm sorry but I don't agree with anything Cadillac is doing anymore. I for one love to think of them as being big and boxy. I don't support them trashing their history and revamping the entire line-up. I also hate all the new cars' names and they way they look. Sorry but I'm a traditionalist and I really don't care what Europe is doing with cars, I always loved the look and presence that a real american car gave off. If I was in the market for a new luxury sedan, I'd walk my ass right over to Lincoln and pick up a Town Car.
    I'm with you except I think lincoln isn't plush and over the top like they all used to be. Give me luxury not sport. When I want sport I can buy it. If you don't give me that living room ride and over stuffed seats where else can I get it? No wonder why I'm selling the 05 300C and happy with my 91 DeVille! What was I thinking!

SHERIFF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

More pics....

Sheriff|! Those are awsome pics! Are those colors new? The last one looks unique.

I like the angle on the front end of the Deville!

SHERIFF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

The DTS is silver. The lighting in some pictures make it appear a goldish tan color...

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Some other pics from the show:

I'm liking the dash. It's almost like "where did all the buttons go??" It just seems more expensive looking or something. I also like how the wood trim runs from the dash on through the doors.

Even though the grille is a lot larger, it doesn't seem ugly because of the curvature of it and how it wraps towards the headlights.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.