Speed Limit Display? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Speed Limit Display? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi ronm01, yes, you understand correctly that I only see the speed limit when I scroll through the DIC menu. ...
    NCDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS

Re: Speed Limit Display?

Hi ronm01, yes, you understand correctly that I only see the speed limit when I scroll through the DIC menu. But, I was only driving about 8 miles from the dealer to the house, so not 100% sure if I gave it an appropriate test. I'm comfortable with flipping through the menus on the display, and I only do that when traffic is light, so I don't think it's a safety concern. Right now I don't have the Speed Limit set, and I think that once it's set, there is a chance the speed limit may display automatically as your DTS. I hope to test this over the weekend and will share the results. I probably won't be able to do a long drive for a week or two to test the erratic speedometer per the other thread. While at the dealer, I had the DTS detailed and it looks better than new. I haven't taken any pictures lately, but here's link to pictures the day I purchased the DTS back in 2009 - http://sdrv.ms/139iO4V.

ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

Hey NCDTS!

Wow, what a beautiful ride you have there! If it looks better now than when you purchased, it must hurt your eyes to squint at that sparkling finish. Seriously, it was beautiful in these photos and I'm sure equally or more-so, now.

It's great to know that you have no safety concerns scrolling your DIC for speed display. It appears as though you still have some testing ahead of you when on a longer stretch of driving to determine whether the performance is suitable or not for you. I agree with you (hope for you) that once you are able to set the speed on the highway, the automatic function will take over and you'll see it without manually scrolling. I'm new to the Adaptive Cruise Control and the legal speed... along with set speed, being displayed near the odometer... great reminder. I truly am taken by the convenience and added safety of the ACC, but to see the info displayed is icing on the cake!

Please keep us informed when you find out more. Good luck with your Black Beauty!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Glad to see there seems to be a resolution for you on this concern with the speedometer, NCDTS, and that the detailing left your DTS looking better than new! We hope that the work done stands up to the test of a long drive - be sure to keep us posted.

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

I tested over the weekend and did not get a speed limit display when I was on a highway or route with an available speed limit. I turned on the Speed Alert, and now I get a "Speed Limit xx" display in the DIC when I cross the threshold of the alert. So it's not working exactly per ronm01's description, but I like how it warns me when I'm exceeding the set limit. I find that really useful and it's far more convenient then flipping through the displays. Thank you again for all the help on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NCDTS View Post
    I tested over the weekend and did not get a speed limit display when I was on a highway or route with an available speed limit. I turned on the Speed Alert, and now I get a "Speed Limit xx" display in the DIC when I cross the threshold of the alert. So it's not working exactly per ronm01's description, but I like how it warns me when I'm exceeding the set limit. I find that really useful and it's far more convenient then flipping through the displays. Thank you again for all the help on the forum.
    NCDTS,

If I understand correctly, I believe that we both get the same display in the DIC. When the Adaptive Cruise Control is off, I receive the current maximum speed limit displayed when exceeding that limit. With ACC on, I receive the current maximum speed limit + my "set speed" whatever that may be above and beyond speed limit. These two flash sequentially and intermittently yet continuing. I have not timed the intervals of the displays to ascertain whether they are "set" times by the ACC, thus, I use the terms, "Intermittent" and "continual". I hope this is a clear explanation of the automatic DIC displays that occur.

It's great to learn that when you turn on the Speed Alert that you now see the speed limit in your DIC automatically without having to scroll through the dash-mounted DIC menu.

Enjoy your hands-free display along with the remainder of luxuries inherent to your beautiful Cadillac. -R

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Interesting. I don't have adaptive cruise but mine has the speed limit display.

Hi ronm01, thank you for the nice comments on my DTS. Note, I do not have the Adaptive Cruise Control, sorry if I wasn't clear earlier in the thread. I do get the same display as you do with the speed limit/alert set. I don't get the current max speed with the regular cruise set, so I think the difference there is the Adaptive Cruise Control. Not that I'm planning to trade in my DTS anytime soon, but the ACC is high on the priority list for my next Cadillac, it sounds like a great feature for long distance highway travel. Thanks again and best wishes all for a great Independence Day Holiday!
    ronm01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCDTS View Post
    Hi ronm01, thank you for the nice comments on my DTS. Note, I do not have the Adaptive Cruise Control, sorry if I wasn't clear earlier in the thread. I do get the same display as you do with the speed limit/alert set. I don't get the current max speed with the regular cruise set, so I think the difference there is the Adaptive Cruise Control. Not that I'm planning to trade in my DTS anytime soon, but the ACC is high on the priority list for my next Cadillac, it sounds like a great feature for long distance highway travel. Thanks again and best wishes all for a great Independence Day Holiday!
    Your next Caddy might drive itself with you as an observer!

Happy 4th celebration to you as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.