Noisy engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Noisy engine in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; GOT A 2007 DTS WITH 71000 MILES ON IT, IT IS STARTING TO HAVE A RATTLING ALMOST KNOCK SOUND TO ...
    BlueAngel#07 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

Noisy engine

GOT A 2007 DTS WITH 71000 MILES ON IT, IT IS STARTING TO HAVE A RATTLING ALMOST KNOCK SOUND TO IT WHEN AT IDLE..NO POWER LOSS (oops sorry bout the caps) no noise when above idle ,engine is justplain noisy, had this same problem with my previous DTS, it sound like it needed oil, so i put another quart in it just to see, ran oober quiet there after. anyone ever find a dipstick (other than myself) to be wrong or had these problems before

the previous DTS did not leak or burn oil at all, nor does this one,Attachment 114593

I am really trying to find out what is causing this dealer says techs cant here anything, I can, if anyone can help thx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Noisy engine

Took it to the station got oil change....

It got louder?????

----------

Took it to the station got oil change....

It got louder?????

getting low end vibration...alot of it is coming from wheel well area on left side of motor..to low for lifters I would say but I will pull up the blue prints, i know how to tear down heads on a standard V8...but theses seem to be a different animal.

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Might not be the problem at all but a cheap try and fix could be loud injectors, try a bottle of P/N 88861013 at you're Cadillac dealer. Put it in the gas tank at less then 1/4 tank fill it with 93 and go for a long hard drive, all the best.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07 View Post
    GOT A 2007 DTS WITH 71000 MILES ON IT, IT IS STARTING TO HAVE A RATTLING ALMOST KNOCK SOUND TO IT WHEN AT IDLE..NO POWER LOSS (oops sorry bout the caps) no noise when above idle ,engine is justplain noisy, had this same problem with my previous DTS, it sound like it needed oil, so i put another quart in it just to see, ran oober quiet there after. anyone ever find a dipstick (other than myself) to be wrong or had these problems before

the previous DTS did not leak or burn oil at all, nor does this one,Attachment 114593

I am really trying to find out what is causing this dealer says techs cant here anything, I can, if anyone can help thx in advance
    Hello BlueAngel#07,

I apologize that you are experiencing a knocking and rattling sound at idle on your DTS. If you are interested in taking your vehicle to the dealership and would like my assistance in working with them, please send me a private message so I can discuss this issue with the dealership. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and please keep us updated on the situation.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thx, I will keep you in mind....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.