Presidential Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Presidential Cadillac in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Presidential Cadillac.... http://www.crownvic.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10497...
    SHERIFF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

Presidential Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Re: Presidential Cadillac

I want a front end shot!
    ~Steve

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

See the other thread on this car. We posted pictures.

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by slk230mb
    I want a front end shot!
    LOOK!

ben72227 is offline Banned

i don't like it, especially that section between the front door and back door, it looks tacky. they should have put bush in an STS limo, or better yet, one of those stretch escalades

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Ordinarily I prefer big, aggressive, in-your-face grills, (in fact, I think the one on the XLR is too small by half) but this particular one may be too over the top even for me. Can't wait to see it on the production car.

Anthony Cipriano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Be just a little carefull with your judgements on the styling. Keep in mind that this is a "supersized" limosine that's styled using the 06 Deville as a starting point. It's not a 2006 Deville that was converted to a limosine. If this was parked next to a 2006 Deville it would dwarf it in all dimensions. The 2006 Deville is still FWD. The limo in the picture is RWD. Things like the grille, lights, etcetera are all going to be slightly out of proportion due to the other dimensions of the limosine. Watch for full car shots of it to see how the proportions play out on the limosine in real life. I'll bet it's rather attractive in person.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Cipriano
    Be just a little carefull with your judgements on the styling. Keep in mind that this is a "supersized" limosine that's styled using the 06 Deville as a starting point. It's not a 2006 Deville that was converted to a limosine. If this was parked next to a 2006 Deville it would dwarf it in all dimensions. The 2006 Deville is still FWD. The limo in the picture is RWD. Things like the grille, lights, etcetera are all going to be slightly out of proportion due to the other dimensions of the limosine. Watch for full car shots of it to see how the proportions play out on the limosine in real life. I'll bet it's rather attractive in person.
    I agree I like it very much....

I am wondering what armoring level it has installed???
    And all the counterterrorism measures it must have....

If we just knew, maybe it beats the James Bond mobiles in the quantity of gadgets and gizmos it must have....

Protecting the President of the United States is no easy task....

A really success for GM producing the transportation for the President of the US

Mejia

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

And this is an official information from media.gm.com:

Presidential Limousine To Debut New 2006 Cadillac DTS Design

Cadillac DTS Presidential Limousine Reveals The Design Direction During Inaugural Parade

WASHINGTON - This week, a jet-black, state-of-the-art Cadillac DTS limousine will roll through the nation's capital during the Presidential Inaugural Parade revealing publicly for the first time the new design direction for the 2006 Cadillac DTS production model.

Similar to the new DTS, the limousine makes a bold styling statement by incorporating Cadillac's contemporary design cues to the front and rear portions of the vehicle. Redesigned front and rear fascias integrate Cadillac's signature egg-crate grille with center-mounted wreath and crest badge, jewel-like vertically oriented high-intensity xenon headlamps and state-of-the-art LED tail lamps.

George W. Bush, the President of the United States of America will be the first to travel in the new Cadillac DTS limousine during the parade route along Pennsylvania Avenue on Thursday, Jan. 20. The sight of the president waving from a Cadillac has become an American tradition.

"General Motors and Cadillac are proud to write this latest chapter in American automotive history with the introduction of the DTS presidential limousine," said General Motors Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner. "We are pleased that our historic relationship with the U.S. government and chief executive office has continued through the years."

With a new design and unique construction under the skin, the new Cadillac DTS limousine is handcrafted and dressed in a jet-black clearcoat finish. The vehicle is a considerably longer, wider and taller version of the production model that becomes available later this year. To maintain national security, the limousines are equipped with state-of-the-art protection and communication systems.

The vehicle interior boasts six-passenger seating with comfort and visibility for all occupants. A rear seat executive package features a concealed, foldaway desktop that can be deployed when conducting affairs of state. The rear seats have an adjustable reclining feature along with the adaptive seat system, which senses the position of the occupant in the seat and automatically adjusts the cushion for added comfort. Moreover, rear seat passengers can enjoy their own premium sound system complete with a 10-disc CD changer. Wood accents, rich blue leather and cloth complete the executive interior.

An embroidered presidential seal is positioned in the center of the rear seat back panel, as well as on each rear door trim panel. Presidential seals are also affixed to the exterior rear doors. The U.S. flag is placed on the right front fender, and the presidential standard is located on the left front fender when the president travels in the vehicle. Flush-mounted High Intensity Discharged (HID) spotlights illuminate the flags at night.

The 2006 Cadillac DTS production model is set to make its first public appearance at the Chicago Auto Show in early February.

The DTS marks the ninth new vehicle introduced into the Cadillac portfolio since 2001 and aligns with Cadillac's alpha naming strategy established by the CTS, SRX, XLR and STS vehicles. Evolving from three models - DeVille, DHS and DTS - with exterior and interior differentiation, the DTS will incorporate a single-model strategy with one exterior and various option packages.

From its Cadillac-signature styling to its power and refined ride characteristics, the DTS is a product of unwavering attention to detail which builds on the strengths and appeal of the Cadillac brand.

The DTS will be built at the award winning Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Center in Detroit, Michigan and is expected to go on sale in the third quarter of 2005.

History
    "It is a great honor for Cadillac and General Motors to be associated with the highest office of the United States," says Cadillac General Manager Jim Taylor. "In fact, Cadillac has been building limousines and special vehicles for U.S. presidents, diplomats, ambassadors and foreign dignitaries since the early 1900s."

One of the first chief executives to ride in a Cadillac was President Woodrow Wilson, who rode through the streets of Boston during a World War I victory parade. A lavish 1928 Cadillac town car was used extensively throughout the Coolidge Administration.

In 1938, two Cadillac convertibles dubbed the "Queen Mary" and "Queen Elizabeth" were delivered to the U.S. Government. Named after the great ocean liners of the time, the 211/2 feet, 7,660 pound vehicles were equipped with a full ammunition arsenal, two way radios, and heavy duty generators. Durable and reliable, the two "Queens" served Presidents Roosevelt, Truman and Eisenhower.

President Eisenhower, who was known as a "car buff," had ridden in one of the first Eldorados during the1953 Inauguration Day Parade. The vehicle was unique as it had the first wrap around windshield, which quickly became a standard in domestic and foreign automobiles.

In 1956, the Queen Mary II and Queen Elizabeth II convertibles replaced the original series. The vehicles were 21 feet long and weighed 7,000 pounds. Like their predecessors, these vehicles were fully armored with state-of-the art communications at that time. Moreover, the vehicles were fitted with narrow rims inside the tire in case the tires were shot out. The Queen Mary II and Queen Elizabeth II served not only President Eisenhower, but also Presidents Kennedy and Johnson. Both vehicles were retired in 1968.

The Reagan administration was delivered a 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood limousine while a Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - Presidential Series was delivered to the Clinton Administration in 1993. Unlike previous models, the Presidential Brougham was designed, developed and manufactured totally within General Motors. Moreover, the vehicle was designed to provide unquestionable protection. Minimizing exposure to external threats, no sunroof or running boards were installed on the vehicle.

Currently, the 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood limousine resides at the Ronald W. Reagan Presidential Library & Museum in Simi Valley, Calif. while the 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham is located at the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Ark.

The predecessor to the current limousine was the 2001 Cadillac DeVille limousine. It was the first Cadillac to be adorned with the division's current wreath and crest emblem. The vehicle is still in service today.

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

Whatsumatter?! Couldn't GM summerize in 500 words or less? Jes kiddin!
    Looks like an aquired taste. I'm sure it would grow on a person in time. It does look a little awkward in these pics. Bbob definitely has the advantage of seeing these gals up close and personal. Just one of the perks, eh?

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

I wouldn't care too much what the outside looked like if I was the dude in the back!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Cipriano
    RWD?!
    Who built the car? I think Accubuilt did the last one didn't they?

Anthony Cipriano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    RWD?!
    Who built the car? I think Accubuilt did the last one didn't they?

Who's Accubuilt? Whoever they are, I believe the answer is no. The previous (and last series) of presidental limos were built internal to GM. The latest version as shown the pictures was also built by GM in cooperation with a contracted supplier internal to GM.

dj_sunny is offline Cadillac Owners Member

THAT THING IS UGLY, i think cadillac is screwing up there line. jus my 2cents.
    www.cardomain.com/id/baller_cars

SHERIFF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

Quote Originally Posted by dj_sunny
    THAT THING IS UGLY, i think cadillac is screwing up there line. jus my 2cents.

The presidential car looks nothing like the civilian DTS will look like in 2006. Having seen early spy spots of the 2006 DTS the only difference I noticed was the headlights.

------------------------------------

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.