Cadillac Owners Forum banner
10K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Pete03Z06 
#1 ·
Bush to ride in new Cadillac during inauguration

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:00 AM ET

DETROIT, Jan 17 (Reuters) - President George W. Bush will ride down Pennsylvania Avenue on Inauguration Day in the new Cadillac DTS limousine, giving the first glimpse of the new flagship sedan from General Motors Corp., the automaker said on Monday.

The black presidential limousine is wider, taller and longer than the DTS sedan, but it shows the new sharper-edged styling for the new model, which goes on sale this fall.

Transporting Bush in Thursday's parade will help reinforce Cadillac's image, said Keith Spondike, marketing manager for the DTS and its predecessor, the DeVille.

"It really fits with Cadillac's position of appealing to and transporting high profile people whether it was Elvis in the '50s or high profile stars and officials today," he told Reuters.

GM hopes the new DTS will win back some car buyers who in recent years took to import brands such as Lexus from Toyota Motor Co., Spondike said.

"Many of the them used to drive Cadillacs in the '70s and '80s," he said.

GM will reveal the new DTS at the Chicago Auto Show in early February. The DTS will have a larger, bolder grille, a bigger Cadillac crest than the DeVille, and offer a more responsive ride with reduced road noise and vibrations, said Al Gagne, product manager for the DTS and DeVille.

See less See more
#28 ·
Msilva954 said:
No, I bet GM acutally paid the gov to use this thing....becuase the gov would not just throw away quarter mill just for a new look.....that doesnt help bush any.
If true, at least it didn't cost the taxpayers anything?

Maybe there was upgraded terrorist protection, bullit resistance offered on the '06 that the administration felt was worth having?

#29 ·
Omg this is what happens when you try to make the Deville look reminiscent of a STS and Escalade at the same time! :want:

Id want to see the front head on though to make my final decisions. I do have say though that the rear end reminds me of a Chevrolet Impala.

#30 ·
Everyone calm down, I got some Pepto for those upset stomachs. I found this on Cheersandgears.com. Someone put the limo front on a standard sedan body. If this is any indication as to what the production car will look like, I think we'll be good. Still doesn't change the fact that the limo is ass ugly though.

Attachments

#33 ·
I agree with CoupeDevilleRob; turn-off-the-gas! All is not darkness. Let's see the photos from the Chicago show and THEN blog our fingers off. Does anyone know if this new car will be offered in the current 3 versions, or is Cadillac going to kill one off?

#34 ·
So ugly you have to stare :histeric:

DONT WORRY! GM drivetime said the limo only takes some "design cues" from the production car and that the production car will not look exactly the same. :worship:

Like said, Dont forget that that limo is boged down with armor(kinda changes the look).

What was wrong with the other lime he got not to long ago, it is supposed to be the most state of the art in the world. Oh, and how long have they had that Fleetwood! that thing will always be around:p

#36 ·
I think the back and front are boring looking...not pulled off nearly as well as in the CTS/STS/XLR/SRX or Escalade. Something just doesn't look right about it...but we'll see about the production version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.