Cadillac Owners Forum banner
10K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Pete03Z06 
#1 ·
Bush to ride in new Cadillac during inauguration

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:00 AM ET

DETROIT, Jan 17 (Reuters) - President George W. Bush will ride down Pennsylvania Avenue on Inauguration Day in the new Cadillac DTS limousine, giving the first glimpse of the new flagship sedan from General Motors Corp., the automaker said on Monday.

The black presidential limousine is wider, taller and longer than the DTS sedan, but it shows the new sharper-edged styling for the new model, which goes on sale this fall.

Transporting Bush in Thursday's parade will help reinforce Cadillac's image, said Keith Spondike, marketing manager for the DTS and its predecessor, the DeVille.

"It really fits with Cadillac's position of appealing to and transporting high profile people whether it was Elvis in the '50s or high profile stars and officials today," he told Reuters.

GM hopes the new DTS will win back some car buyers who in recent years took to import brands such as Lexus from Toyota Motor Co., Spondike said.

"Many of the them used to drive Cadillacs in the '70s and '80s," he said.

GM will reveal the new DTS at the Chicago Auto Show in early February. The DTS will have a larger, bolder grille, a bigger Cadillac crest than the DeVille, and offer a more responsive ride with reduced road noise and vibrations, said Al Gagne, product manager for the DTS and DeVille.

See less See more
#6 ·
I like the back end, very much, but not crazy 'bout the nose out front. Looks too much like an Escalade-nose job. Not a major change, at all. Similiar to what Lincoln did with the 2003 Town Car over the 1998-2002 Town Cars.

A "Face-Lift" and a "Butt-Lift" with the same tummy

#13 ·
What a shame, the front end looks pretty lame.... I don't like the headlights or the grille, the overhang looks too big as well.
I really hope the regular sedan has better proportions than this frankenstein of a limo. Rear end (and the interior looks) pretty good though.

#19 ·
I think it could have been designed by a pscyology major ...you know when you see a kid in the mall thats so ugly that you have to stare ?

i bet thats why it looks like it does , youll have to stare at it so much that youll be forced to buy it so you can continue to stare at it....

its so ugly if i had to choose between it and a new charger ....ID TAKE THE CHARGER !!!

#24 · (Edited)
The back looks great. But the front made me throw up in my mouth a little. Was that grille approved by Stevie Wonder or something? I think this is going to be a disaster for Cadillac, and just as they were almost at the top again. I'm glad it's not going to be called Deville. What a shame.

#25 ·
OK, I've stopped dry heaving and have had a few minutes to think about this. Nothing seems right about this car. Besides the fact it is probably will go down as one of the ugliest Cadillacs ever, it doesn't make sense for the White House to get a new limo so soon. If you look back, they buy cars on roughly 10 year intervals. The main reason is the cars are so expensive and take so much time develop that it isn't practical to get a new car every few years. The current car is only about 4 years old.

So this leads to my theory, maybe this is the same limo as the one that debuted in 2001, only updated to look like the new Deville. Maybe Cadillac wanted to cash in on the recent wave of success, so they decided to rush a makeover so it could debut for the inaugaration. Hopefully the production cars will benefit from a few more months of developement and come out looking much better.

I hope to God this is the case anyway, otherwise I'm going to seriously start doubting Cadillac's future.

#26 ·
Good grief you guys,

I'm sure that ugliness or beauty would be the last thing on Mr. Bush's mind if there were bullits impacting the bullit resistant glass. It was designed for that purpose, ya'll should be grateful he didn't go with a Lexus! :D

It's not THAT bad looking. It's a bit off-proportion around the windows because of the thickness of the glass.

For regular Devilles (like the DTS) they should offer a color keyed grille to hide the fact some people don't like the big toothy grin. I think they are going with a BIG GRILLE because of the popularity of the 300's influence in sales.

I'll reserve my opinion for the regular production Devilles until I see one, but for the limo it's not too terrible, but that's because it's a limo. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.