President Bush to debut 2006 DTS limo - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, President Bush to debut 2006 DTS limo in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; check it out , the inspiration !!! the downturned mouth , odd looking headlamps and nasty nose...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: President Bush to debut 2006 DTS limo

check it out , the inspiration !!!

the downturned mouth , odd looking headlamps and nasty nose

partton is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    What? You MISSED that grille? It couldn't be much bigger!
    It was too large for me to find out. Now I see. Thank you.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

For the life of me, I just can't imagine who could've signed off on that car. It's friggin' UGLY!
    Wait a second. Maybe, this is a plan to force a total redesign of the car. If the sales numbers go into the toilet, corporate usually loosens up the purse strings faster.

I think it could have been designed by a pscyology major ...you know when you see a kid in the mall thats so ugly that you have to stare ?

i bet thats why it looks like it does , youll have to stare at it so much that youll be forced to buy it so you can continue to stare at it....

its so ugly if i had to choose between it and a new charger ....ID TAKE THE CHARGER !!!

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The more I think about it, I'm getting kinda PO'd.........Listen up GM, if the 06 DTS sedan really looks like this I'm gonna buy something else. We waited so long and this is what we get!?

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You know what Katshot, you're right, the butt looks like a Monte.....

Sorry to say but the abotion laws in the country prevent GM from not allowing it to see the light of day .....They didnt relaize it was retarded and stillborn till after the first trimester

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

I just hope the real thing looks better......I know that the president car is completely different then a real deville but the front and rear look spot on......soon you will see conversion of Escalade to Deville much like the Escalade to H2........wait....isnt that what were seeing now>?

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

The back looks great. But the front made me throw up in my mouth a little. Was that grille approved by Stevie Wonder or something? I think this is going to be a disaster for Cadillac, and just as they were almost at the top again. I'm glad it's not going to be called Deville. What a shame.

OK, I've stopped dry heaving and have had a few minutes to think about this. Nothing seems right about this car. Besides the fact it is probably will go down as one of the ugliest Cadillacs ever, it doesn't make sense for the White House to get a new limo so soon. If you look back, they buy cars on roughly 10 year intervals. The main reason is the cars are so expensive and take so much time develop that it isn't practical to get a new car every few years. The current car is only about 4 years old.

So this leads to my theory, maybe this is the same limo as the one that debuted in 2001, only updated to look like the new Deville. Maybe Cadillac wanted to cash in on the recent wave of success, so they decided to rush a makeover so it could debut for the inaugaration. Hopefully the production cars will benefit from a few more months of developement and come out looking much better.

I hope to God this is the case anyway, otherwise I'm going to seriously start doubting Cadillac's future.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Good grief you guys,

I'm sure that ugliness or beauty would be the last thing on Mr. Bush's mind if there were bullits impacting the bullit resistant glass. It was designed for that purpose, ya'll should be grateful he didn't go with a Lexus!

It's not THAT bad looking. It's a bit off-proportion around the windows because of the thickness of the glass.

For regular Devilles (like the DTS) they should offer a color keyed grille to hide the fact some people don't like the big toothy grin. I think they are going with a BIG GRILLE because of the popularity of the 300's influence in sales.

I'll reserve my opinion for the regular production Devilles until I see one, but for the limo it's not too terrible, but that's because it's a limo.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

No, I bet GM acutally paid the gov to use this thing....becuase the gov would not just throw away quarter mill just for a new look.....that doesnt help bush any.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    No, I bet GM acutally paid the gov to use this thing....becuase the gov would not just throw away quarter mill just for a new look.....that doesnt help bush any.
    If true, at least it didn't cost the taxpayers anything?

Maybe there was upgraded terrorist protection, bullit resistance offered on the '06 that the administration felt was worth having?

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Omg this is what happens when you try to make the Deville look reminiscent of a STS and Escalade at the same time!

Id want to see the front head on though to make my final decisions. I do have say though that the rear end reminds me of a Chevrolet Impala.

Everyone calm down, I got some Pepto for those upset stomachs. I found this on Cheersandgears.com. Someone put the limo front on a standard sedan body. If this is any indication as to what the production car will look like, I think we'll be good. Still doesn't change the fact that the limo is ass ugly though.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.