caring for a SIM 'coach' roof on a 2010 DTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, caring for a SIM 'coach' roof on a 2010 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Another try...
    reedmtn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Platinum

Re: caring for a SIM 'coach' roof on a 2010 DTS

Another try

reedmtn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Platinum

2010 DTS.jpg Thanks to a talented wife here she is...our "Dolphin". Kind of the exact sister to your vehicle. Found her in Orlando. 2010 DTS with everything it could have. Traded a beautiful red tint coat STS in for her. Well worth the trade. The DTS is the real Cadillac. It's unfortunate that it is the last of the true Cadillac luxury line.
    RubirosaGGatsby and ronm01 like this.

ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

reedmtn, you have a real gem! She is a pleasure to the eye. The chrome wheel well covers fit extremely well with your overall color scheme. I believe that your white paint is more suitable for these chrome covers than my Tuscan Bronze paint. The tan coach roof combines to make the luxurious color scheme complete. I suggest that you (if you haven't already) post this photo in the Stickied thread, "Show us your ride" at the top of the DTS page. Congratulations, and thank you for posting this photo of your magnificent Cadillac.

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (70K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

reedmtn... Wow! Beautiful!

I find it interesting the subtle differences in the designs of the roof. Mostly, they are the same, but on your rear door, the roof covering follows the angle of the triangle-shaped window...whereas on mine, the trailing edge and part of that angle of that window is covered, making the window appear smaller and shaped slightly differently. Also, my Cadillac emblem is applied to that bit on the window, as opposed to being applied to the C-pillar; like yours.

I've posted a pic of a different angle of mine...in it, you can barely see the driver-side C-pillar (grey) and the inside of the roof covering that blacks out the window. In that, you can see the difference in the angle of the window and the roof covering.

I told you I was fanatical...

Oh, and I'm loving the extra chrome-y bits on yours.
    Attached Images

keithwright1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks...you saved me from waterproofing the tan cloth roof on my 2007 DTS. I assume from the comments about other models, that there is nothing to do except to keep it clean and out of the sun if possible?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Don't worry too much about the sun. My car spent the first 9 years of its life in Clearwater Florida, and there's no fade.

----------

Actually, I can show you that there's no fade. My rear window needed to be replaced, and my insurance company wouldn't pay for my preferred shop to do the work. The shop they chose butchered it, and the material is now being replaced. Here's the new material up against the (dirty) original:

The original diamond pattern is no longer available, and the new one looks slightly different only because it's a different texture. But there is no actual color difference whatsoever in person.

Here's another I took to show some of the poor reinstalation. You can see the material is still very black:

wastingjake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS Luxury III

WOW.... Do you have any more pictures of this beautiful DTS?!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.