check engine light on my 06 dts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, check engine light on my 06 dts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My check engine light came on and I took it to Autozone to be diagnosed and they came up with ...
    Caddy-Lee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

check engine light on my 06 dts

My check engine light came on and I took it to Autozone to be diagnosed and they came up with a P0449 code. They say it deals with my (evaporative emission system) purge/vent solenoid circuit condition. Have anyone had this situation before and what should I do to correct this problem, thanks in advance (my caddy family)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: check engine light on my 06 dts

Possible causes
    - Vacuum leaks, damaged hoses or improper routing
    - EVAP system - Check fuel cap, canister, valves or components
    - Faulty purge or vent solenoids
    - Check connector and wiring
    - Fuel saturated vapor canister
    - Failed EVAP vent solenoid

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

DTC P0449

Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit

Circuit/System Description

Battery voltage is supplied to the EVAP canister vent solenoid valve. The control module grounds the EVAP canister vent solenoid valve control circuit to close the valve by means of an internal switch called a driver. The scan tool displays the commanded state of the EVAP canister vent solenoid valve as ON or OFF. The control module monitors the status of the driver.
    Conditions for Running the DTC
    • The ignition is ON.
    • The system voltage is between 9–18 volts.
    • DTC  P0449 runs continuously when the above conditions are met.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The control module detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the control circuit do not match for a minimum of 12 seconds.
    Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    • DTC P0449 is a Type B DTC.
    • The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the

diagnostic runs and fails.

• The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

• DTC P0449 is a Type B DTC.
    • The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
    • A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
    • A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
    • Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Caddy-Lee,
    It looks like you've gotten some great feedback from other members of the community. What are your plans for getting this checked into? If we can be of any assistance in getting you set up with a dealership in your area (if this was the route you preferred), we're happy to help.
    All the best,
    Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.