Electrical problem i think ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Superjim
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Electrical problem i think ? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I own a 2006 cadillac DTS performance edition it has 94,500. I got my valve cover gaskets replaced and spark ...
    LtFrankTheTank is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Dts performance

Electrical problem i think ?

I own a 2006 cadillac DTS performance edition it has 94,500. I got my valve cover gaskets replaced and spark plugs changed as well about 2000 miles back , now the problem after that was multiple things occurred with my car. Starting of with my high beams , fog lights, turning signals, wiper fluid, remote start I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

Second problem I posted about this a few months back finally saved up some money to see what's wrong but I would rather ask you guys before I take it somewhere , my gas pedal has a vibration to it every time I give it gas, it seems to go away when I slightly let go of the gas and accelerate again it won't be there , but every time I wanna pick up speed it's there .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    For the. Hi bean fog light check the front fuse box it has 2 bolt check if there are loose also there is a plug next to it. The pedal is a unit that could be change they go for around 100 bucks do not change it if you do not have to also check if it is loose .

So I just got more work done to my car had a oil leak coming from my oil pan gasket I had replaced the valve cover gaskets as well 10k miles ago same problem oil leak, but as far as my problem with the vibration on my pedal and my electrical problem, the mechanic told me it could be my cruise control and that I might need a system re flash or something like that cause when they changed my valve cover that they unplugged alot of stuff and plugged it back up. But they never reset my system. Idk if he is saying anything that makes sense but plz help I'm taking my car in next week after I fix my front lower control arms and my rear motor mount. Car has 97,800 miles on it it's a 2006 cadillac DTS performance

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Electrical problem i think ?

There is a TSB about the pedal vibration....I so not have the TSB Number any more... But the dealer can look it up for you...

the pedal vibration was a fairly common complaint about 4 or 5 years ago...
    I think it only affected 2006 and early 2007...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by LtFrankTheTank View Post
    So I just got more work done to my car had a oil leak coming from my oil pan gasket I had replaced the valve cover gaskets as well 10k miles ago same problem oil leak, but as far as my problem with the vibration on my pedal and my electrical problem, the mechanic told me it could be my cruise control and that I might need a system re flash or something like that cause when they changed my valve cover that they unplugged alot of stuff and plugged it back up. But they never reset my system. Idk if he is saying anything that makes sense but plz help I'm taking my car in next week after I fix my front lower control arms and my rear motor mount. Car has 97,800 miles on it it's a 2006 cadillac DTS performance
    Hello LtFrankTheTank,

I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your DTS. If you private message me and include your VIN, I am more than happy to look into this for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Ok back after a of looking for the vibration coming from my pedal and i finally found the problem so says the mechanic that works on my car. He came across abs module saying that's what was giving me my vibration, and as far as my electronics problem I need a re flash or something like that. Sorry not the best at explaining, trying to help out anyone on the same boat as me
    I need a price of what I'm looking at to be wasting

Can someone please verify. Thank you

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by LtFrankTheTank View Post
    Ok back after a of looking for the vibration coming from my pedal and i finally found the problem so says the mechanic that works on my car. He came across abs module saying that's what was giving me my vibration, and as far as my electronics problem I need a re flash or something like that. Sorry not the best at explaining, trying to help out anyone on the same boat as me
    I need a price of what I'm looking at to be wasting

Can someone please verify. Thank you
    It would be really strange for the ABS module to give the vibration you have described.
    There is a TSB about a cable that needs to be repositioned and some insulation added to it to fix the vibration.

Before spending money for a reflash... try this...

There is a way to REBOOT all of the electronic modules in the entire car.
    Sometimes (lots of times) that will fix random electrical gremlins.

Remove BOTH battery cables... negative cable FIRST...
    Touch both cables together for 5 seconds or so, making sure they have good contact with each other.
    This will drain all the capacitors in the system.

While you have the cables off... undo the one bolted to the floor.
    Take a little piece of sandpaper and sand the paint away from the attachment point.
    It will then have a better ground.

Re-attach the battery cables... negative cable LAST...
    You will have to do the window EXPRESS UP learn again and you MAY have to do the memory seat settings again.
    Sometimes they will forget the seat settings and sometimes they don't.
    billbill1 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.