2007 DTS models??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2007 DTS models?? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am trying to find out as much as I can about what I bought. I see that there are ...
    07dtscaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury III

2007 DTS models??

I am trying to find out as much as I can about what I bought. I see that there are 5 or more models of 2007 DTS'. Base, Luxury I, II and III and performance. How do you tell what model you have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Re: 2007 DTS models??

It depends on which groups of options it has. Only a few options were available individually.

Performance has 18" wheels instead of 17". It will have a "9" in the eighth (engine) digit of the VIN. All other models have a "Y" there. It drives differently because of the lower gearing and stiffer suspension.

Pretty sure the following is correct in 2007:
    If it has a wood segment on the steering wheel, then it's real wood veneer. This was standard on II & III, optional on I. Cooled seats were not available on the base model, standard on all Luxury models. Luxury III had chrome wheels, folding mirrors, rear sun shade.

Have 17" chrome wheels and a number "8" for the engine digit. It seems to have every option. Wood on steering wheel, dash, doors, console. Elect rear shade, Bose/Nav, rain sensing wipers, the garage door thingy, elect folding mirrors, cooling for seats, even a massager for the front seats. Seems to be some sort of control for the rear seats too. Thanks for your reply.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by 07dtscaddy View Post
    Have 17" chrome wheels and a number "8" for the engine digit. It seems to have every option. Wood on steering wheel, dash, doors, console. Elect rear shade, Bose/Nav, rain sensing wipers, the garage door thingy, elect folding mirrors, cooling for seats, even a massager for the front seats. Seems to be some sort of control for the rear seats too. Thanks for your reply.
    Sounds like you have a LUX lll... Nice automobile...

How silly of me. Had the answer in front of me. On the option code sticker is the option 1SD which translates to Luxury II. Sorry about that.

hazcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS Premium, '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)

Actually 1SD is Lux III. For some reason on all of the GM products I have owned (all except Saturn) the model grades always went up from 1SB, perhaps one of the gang here knows what became of 1SA and why.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

1SA is probably the base model. Lux I is 1SB, II is 1SC, III is 1SD, Performance is 1SE.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Hey. Have all those options! All this time. Thought I had a Lux II but I must have a Lux III

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

It is my understanding that in 2006 There was Lux 1, Lux 2, Lux 3, and Performance. then in 2007 there was base, Lux 1, Lux 2, Performance.

Don

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.