Questions about my 2008 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By cooch2584
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Questions about my 2008 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Question 1. During the winter months,my service stabiltrack light went on sometimes but not all the time. It is not ...
    cooch2584 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Questions about my 2008 DTS

Question 1.
    During the winter months,my service stabiltrack light went on sometimes but not all the time. It is not going on now that its spring here in Buffalo. Any suggestions?
    Question 2
    Now my ck tires light is coming on and I have cked the tire pressure numerous times.Any suggestions.
    Question 3
    Are the 2 above questions related? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DTS Sucker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Performance w/Magnetic Ride Control

Re: Questions about my 2008 DTS

I have had multiple problems like this on my 2008 DTS. The dealer replaced, I believe, every circuit board. The problem is less frequent but never went away. Now that it's out of warranty, I gave up. The car is a piece of crap.

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    the check tire light come on because the sensor in side the tire go bad by time. The sensors have a small battery in them. Try to keep the tire pressure around 34 pound that will help. One more thing check if the bolt on the air intake manifold are loose. Stacontrol it may be a wheel sensor that is going bad.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    1 - You need to have the codes pulled to find out why the light/message is being triggered. If the light/message is not on now, and hasn't been in a while, the code that triggered it is probably no longer in history. You'll have to wait for it to happen again.

2 - The batteries in the sensors eventually die, and the sensors need to be replaced.

3 - No.

----------

Increasing tire pressure over recommended pressure (listed on the label on the drivers door) will not solve the problem.

The intake manifold bolts have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with either problem.

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    Believer or not I was having the msg for service track control very the car ran to lean with out getting a code and after I did the bolt on the intake it has not come back. If you keep the pressure on the tire at 32 very time it get cold the light will come on. When the sensor goes bad you would not get the light you would get a msg sayin service tire mor system.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

cooch2584,
    Are you planning on getting your DTS inspected at all regarding these concerns? If you choose to visit a GM Certified Cadillac Dealership, please keep us updated on your results. We're available to assist should you have any questions.

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by grullon10
    Believer or not I was having the msg for service track control very the car ran to lean with out getting a code and after I did the bolt on the intake it has not come back.
    Coincidence. Completely unrelated.

If you keep the pressure on the tire at 32 very time it get cold the light will come on.
    That's why tire pressure is checked and adjusted while the tire is "cold". The pressure needs to be checked periodically, and even with no leaks, you'll have to adjust the pressure as the seasons change.

When the sensor goes bad you would not get the light you would get a msg sayin service tire mor system.
    The sensors can get inaccurate when the battery is very low. It'll still transmit a signal, but it will be wrong, and the pressure warning will be triggered.

Hey People,
    Thanks a whole lot for all your input. Im going to put new tires on the Caddy sometime this week( Dunlop signature 2s) and ill mention the battery in the TPM to the dealer. As for the stabiltrack lite ill wait til the tires go on and cross that road when it gets here.

Just had a set of tires put on the car and the tpm didnt come on as I drove away. Tire installer said the TMP sensor costs 70.00 per tire. Im not going to do that unless it comes on again and bugs me and the stabiltrack light hasnt come on either.

Ok people,just an fyi for all of you in the market for a set of tires for his/her baby.I did extensive research on tires,from the most expensive to the least expensive. In the end it was the Michlin synergy and the Dunlop Signature 2. After looking thru numerous web sites eg tire rack and tire advisor etc... The Dunlops got the best value dollar for dollar. Now the local tire shop wanted 240.00 for the Michlins with a 85k milage warrenty and the Dunlops were 140.00 with a 65 k warrenty. Seeing how Im on a limited budget,on SSI disability, the Dunlops seemed like the choice for me. Albet I wanted the Michlins for name only but just couldnt afford them. These Dunlops are GREAT, smooth ride, quiet just made my Caddy ride like a Caddy was supposed to ride. When I get more miles on the Dunlops Ill give a better recommendation. All Im saying people is shop, shop, shop. Im going on a trip down to NYC,and Im going to put prob 1200 miles on these tires so Ill update.
    Superjim and Superjim like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.