Weird problem - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Weird problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; For the price of one hour diagnostics I decided to purchase 4 injectors and a throttle body gasket. With the ...
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Re: Weird problem

For the price of one hour diagnostics I decided to purchase 4 injectors and a throttle body gasket. With the previous cash spent on parts so far I think I am still ahead of the game. Remember reading someone paid $500 for a plenum install. I did that and a whole lot more and I am not even close to that yet. So hoping once again that this will gitterdun

Don

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Sounds like you just like to work on your car. Why don't you put on a new set of tires and brakes. Never know....

Well I do and I might ; -).

Don

BIGDADDYCADDY07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 dts 1986 fleetwood brougham d'elegance

any luck????

Not yet. Probably do a few things this weekend.

Don

So I changed the throttle body gasket. No change. I then changed the four right side (rear) fuel injectors. So far so good. But like once before I will hold elation until I drive it awhile. Happened before that I thought I was golden only to be disappointed a morning later. I will update tomorrow.

Does anyone know if it is possible to bench test the injectors? Would like to know if they are malfunctioning or just needing cleaning

Don

does this problem happen when engine temp is 8+hrs cold and the gauge is between cold and norm mark watch your rpms when coasting to a stop do they drop to about 500 rpms then stable back to norm idle this may happen when speed range is below thirty

My issue never affected RPM's. They always stayed constant. It happened cold or hot didn't matter. But by changing the 4 injectors I seemed to knock my problem down by 90%. So I think I am going to change the other 4. I still feel the "lurching" but nowhere near as often and it feels like a 10 year old is pushing the car instead of Goliath. I tested the 4 injectors I replaced and it seems that one of them tests out of spec. So since I have the problem still, albeit only slightly, I think I may have another injector starting to get out of spec.

Don

Received and changed out the remaining 4 injectors. I will find out on the drive to work tomorrow morning if the issue is gone. I checked the old injectors and found them all to be in spec. But one seemed quite a bit dirtier than the others. So if the issue is indeed repaired I will blame one bad injector and a dirty fuel system. If it isn't repaired I am well on my way of having a lot of new parts on my engine that still is acting up

Don

Update: My problem persists. But it seems to only happen on a cold engine. So I decided to do a computer reset. I disconnected the negative and positive battery cable. I touched the two cable ends together for half a minute. Left the cables disconnected for 30+ minutes. I will see how things go when I drive to work in the morning. Another strange thing. When I started the car after the battery disconnect my stereo still had memory. My stations still were there and the time was still accurate. Also my memory seat was still set. Is this stuff that is downloaded into the computer or is there some secondary memory battery somewhere? Never had that happen before

Don

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

After installing a new battery my station pre-sets were still there but the time had to be re-set. Service tire pressure monitor came on but re-set itself the next day. Drivers window express up is gone. Down & passenger down & up still works. Haven't gone in the book to figure that out yet.
    Norm

Express up is easy to fix. Just roll the window down. Then roll it up. Once the window reaches the top hold the up button for about three more seconds. That is all there is to it

Don

UPDATE: Changed the MAF yesterday with no change. Then I installed a new EGR this afternoon. So far so good. Have taken three "run around" trips and have yet to feel the issue. There was lots of stop and idle in these trips and seems to be repaired. I will update again in a week if all goes well. I will update sooner if the issue is still there.

Don

is this a slight or heavy roughness in the idle and do you feel a slight flat spot in acceleration like in the old carbs just off idle

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

Did that, works great, thanks.
    Norm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.