Lets see those aftermarket wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By MoistCabbage
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Lets see those aftermarket wheels in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Cleaned up my wheels on Sunday. Took each wheel off of the car to clean them thoroughly. Faces look good ...
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Lets see those aftermarket wheels

Cleaned up my wheels on Sunday. Took each wheel off of the car to clean them thoroughly. Faces look good but the barrels are trashed. Three out of the four have major chrome peel. The other one has the early stage. It won't be long before the peeling spreads and the faces get affected. I priced new wheels and they are out of my price range. So aftermarket is my only option. Keep in mind that I will not be changing anything until the peeling hits the face of the wheels. So hopefully that won't be for a very long time. I contemplated getting my wheels re-chromed but that will be almost as expensive as buying new ones and I will have to get a spare set of wheels and tires while that gets done. So that option is out. Not gonna be happy about aftermarkets but I am gonna have to live with it. Unless someone can point me to a set of 18" performance chromes that will go for less than $1k. So anyway to anyone who has aftermarket wheels lets see them. Definitely going to need some ideas on what will look good on the car

Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RubirosaGGatsby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Re: Lets see those aftermarket wheels

Craigslist will probably be your friend in this search. I found my set of wheels, discontinued MC2's from a Dodge Magnum in virtually flawless condition, on Craigslist... for $200. The key is patience. I was looking for about two months before I finally found the best bargain on what I was looking for.

Also, depending on where it's peeling, you may be able to get away (and look good/unique) with painting/powder-coating them.

Eninety2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Deville

Dodge has the same bolt pattern?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Yes. 5X115.

But... If buying used, after market rims. Make sure they're actually 5X115, and not 5X114.3. NOT "close enough".

big greg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Yes. 5X115.

But... If buying used, after market rims. Make sure they're actually 5X115, and not 5X114.3. NOT "close enough".
    Why not? That's what my 22s are right now. I'm just curious to why you say no.

Because they're the wrong size.

114.3 is smaller than 115. When you bolt the rim on, all of the hardened (fairly brittle) studs are being bent inwards. The outer edges of the tapered lug seats are also being galled every time the lug nuts are turned.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

What exactly does the 115 measure? The diameter of the circle through the lug centers?

At least in photographs, I think the 06-09 Performance wheels are the best looking of any I've seen on a DTS, including my own, and I don't usually like chrome wheels. The simple design looks good with the clean lines of the car.

.7 mm I close enough for me. I think every shop around here does it. I use centric rings as well. And the lugs barely move .35 mm a piece. But technically they are wrong.

Good enough for you, does not make it ok or safe. If you're going to recommend installing ill fitting parts, with potentially damaging/dangerous results, on a public forum, include a disclaimer.

Everything I do has a disclaimer. Lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.