p0300 2006 Cadillac DTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, p0300 2006 Cadillac DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Guys - I've got the same symptoms - 2006 DTS 1SE, 102K miles. P0107, P0174, P2119, P2431 and some ...
    2K6DTS1SE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Re: p0300 2006 Cadillac DTS

Hi Guys - I've got the same symptoms - 2006 DTS 1SE, 102K miles. P0107, P0174, P2119, P2431 and some others come and go, but never a P0300 or other misfire code. I've replaced the plugs, Bank 1 HO2S sensor, EGR valve, Secondary Air Check Valve, MAF and MAP sensors, and I still get occasional chugs, usually at low throttle, and stalls when stopped. My Innova 3160 shows the EGR Error always near 100% at closed or low throttle, but that's the only thing that seems out of whack. I'm out of ideas, but does this add anything to the discussion?

bjm6887 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac dts performance

egr, fine. replaced maf, and map sensor. still no better. uggh

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

P0107... MAP sensor...
    P0174... Lean... Look for a vacuum leak and check/tighten the intake bolts.
    P2119... Throttle position error... might try cleaning the throttle body.
    P2431... Secondary Air Injection System Air Flow/Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Tom's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GTP / 2005 CTS / 2008 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Following this thread with interest. My 06 has 130k miles now. Starting around two weeks ago it would chug while in drive, at idle, with the brake applied(stop light). Its like two or more cylinders stopped getting gas for a split second. The car would cough for a second and then return to normal idle. Fuel pressure is good. Replaced all plugs and they all looked pretty good for 130k miles. No codes at all. All injectors have been checked and show good. Car is not running lean. Now my intake bolts were loose and I did tighten them awhile back. I need to get a can of carb cleaner and have at it while watching fuel trim. Is it possible that a slight intake leak could cause this? Its not consistent and that seems to make diagnosing it harder.
    Did you ever solve this problem?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bjm6887 View Post
    egr, fine. replaced maf, and map sensor. still no better. uggh
    Have you found a fix?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.